“Beautiful Ship, Wonderful Itinerary and still a disapointment”
Cruise review of Costa Pacifica

mandalay_purser Costa Pacifica 1 Beautiful Ship, Wonderful Itinerary and still a disapointment
mandalay_purser
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

The Costa Pacifica is a beautiful ship - clean, nicely decorated, big and well appointed staterooms and suites. When we cruised, the ship had just gotten out of dry-dock a few weeks before and the hull was stark white and really amazingly beautiful to look at. The layout is quite typical of other Fincantieri ships of the same class - a design that works well for cruise ships.

I have cruised many times, and have always enjoyed reading reviews here are Cruise Critic. I have been on several cruises on ships that have gotten just average reviews, and can tell a lot just from reading them. Based on reviews of the Costa Pacifica, I was a bit skeptical of taking this cruise, but had never been on Costa and thought I would give it a try.

The experience was very disappointing. The dining room service was horrible. The waiter basically did his best to ignore us. The first night, we were not asked if we wanted anything to drink. I called the waiter over and said that we would like to order a bottle of still water. His response was "You will have to pay for that" - which I knew we would. He had us sign for it before they would bring it to us. Crazy - It was upsetting that they automatically add 15% service when there was really no "service" involved at all. We dined in the cabin most nights - we booked a Grand Suite, so we were able to order off the restaurant menu. The food was good, but not great. Service in the other restaurants and bars was less than average as well. I felt like we were on a ferry, not a proper cruise.

Our butler for the suite and the cabin steward were both really good, especially the cabin steward - always smiling and friendly.

At the end of the day, we had a good time and enjoyed the destinations. I would not sail with Costa again, or recommend them to anyone. There are just too many other

Costa Pacifica Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7317
The suite was very nice and comfortable. The Jacuzzi tub was amazing and it was nice to have the extra space.
Published 02/27/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Pacifica Review
Costa Pacifica Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?