Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by UWF93: Be prepared to be charged fees after fees

UWF93
Member Since 2014

Be prepared to be charged fees after fees

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Freeport

My good friend from high school and I are both in our early 20s, thinking a little quick getaway for my birthday weekend would be a great affordable idea. We initially got the "buy one and the second passenger sails for $55" because of a 5 year anniversary. We were extremely excited and paid $182 each after taxes not thinking anything because its off season . We live in Orlando so the drive to west palm is a little less than 3 hours. When we arrived we were charged $32 for two days of parking . Security was a joke and the process of checking in seemed like forever . This is where the collected my credit card information to charge the million fees that were coming our way .

We got on the boat , its a fair size (not bad for the price). But the FOOD, let me repeat ..i would not even feed my schnauzer the food they were serving us . Soda and juice is an extra charge ,good thing i only drink water. There were some restaurants where coffee was free but in other areas like the pizza More place on deck 4 coffee was $3.98 . The comedy show was $12 a person . They had a casino that we walked in and immediately walked out because of the smell. The clubs they had on the ship were mostly for 17 and under ..there wasn't much entertainment for adults besides drinking . The liquor which we knew we had to pay for ourselves (no biggie). The pool could fit no more than 30 people (there was 900 people on our boat for those days). Two jacuzzis that were constantly jammed with 12 year olds way past their bedtime.

I turned 21 when we arrived at the Bahamas the next day . By far the best experience! If i could of went back, I WOULD HAVE NEVER WENT ON THIS CRUISE and would have flown to our destination directly. Before we left the ship we had to pick an excursion and pay $39 EACH for a shore excursion that didn't include lunch . That pretty much drove us to a resort which we were not staying at to enjoy the beach . The locals were extremely friendly and they saved my birthday ! :)

Anyone thinking of taking this cruise ....DON'T. Less