Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Jozatim

Carnival Sunshine
Member Name: Jozatim
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Amazing Sunshine

Embarkation was painless. went very smooth.

Don forget you can bring a bottle of wine or champagne per adult as well as 12 bottle or cans of water or pop per person 20 oz or less. Have them in something easy to access as they will get checked.

Went to the ship at 12 and were at the pool by 12:30. We wore our bathing suits and brought our carry on luggage with us.

7230 Balcony. We did recognize that the rooms are smaller and the bathroom is much smaller but neither effected our cruise.Our room was well taken care of as we have learned the lesson of tipping the room attendant the first day $5 bucks makes all the difference.

Was very surprised that the ship is in the Mississippi river and it took 9 hours to get to the gulf.

The dining room food was he best I have ever had on Carnival this was my 8th cruise. Meat was cooked to order. Amazing. Our staff was awesome also lead by Kamen and Silviu.

I am an early riser so I would get the chairs at serenity adult area which by the way is also amazing. The Waterfall pool area (Serenity) We sat at all 3 days when the boat was at sea. 3 decks, the top floor has the special yellow towels and the bar but it is very windy

middle deck on Serenity seemed to be for blue hairs as not much sun.

Main floor is 11 on Serenity.

Make sure you pay attention to elevators as only 2 of them go to the Serenity floors.

You can get off on Lido deck and walk up the stairs.

Guys was good. Didn't eat at the burrito place.

Chinese and Italian for lunch outstanding

didn't go to sushi

steak house great as usual

breakfast in main dining room great.

I made sandwiches at breakfast for my shore excursions.Iif i have a boat full of free food i don't like spending money on food in shore except Cozumel. they have lunch meat cheese and peanut butter and jelly.

went to 2 shows very good did not go to comedy club

piano bar was awesome with BEN

debarkation was a bit of a nightmare as it seemed like everyone was trying to get off at the same time. we went under the ropes as i had a 10 am flight to catch so we got off relatively quick.

All in all I would rank Sunshine in my top 2 ships with Miracle.

Publication Date: 02/27/14
Read the Western Caribbean ports review by Jozatim
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review