Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Lancethecook: Dreadful service

Dreadful service

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

Having cruised on Mariner of the seas before I know how good it can be but this time it was dreadful.

Almost the entire complement of guests were Chinese , don't misunderstand, I am not in anyway prejudiced but us westerners have been totally forgotten.

There was virtually no waiters around to get you a drink indeed twice at dinner we waited 45 minutes to get a drink.

As you can imagine the casino was absolutely chocca block.

If you dared to leave your seat/machine even for a moment to go to the bar or toilet someone would immediately take your seat , cash out any credits and start playing the machine.

The food was very biased to Asian food which is fine with me but many people missed the more traditional British / American food.

RCI have even removed some bars and turned them into high end jewellery and watch shops , again aimed straight at the Asian market.

I did have a great holiday because I saw Asia for the first time More , and loved it , but it could have been even better if RCI had considered their guests needs a bit more thoroughly .

All in all the food was ok but not great and the service terrible.

Lance Less