Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by Vickies100: Loved The Itinerary

Loved The Itinerary

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

My husband and our friends cruised to Athens, Rhodes, Santorini, Bodrum, Ephesus, Split and Dubrovnik. Turkey surprised us as we weren't expecting it to be so clean and the people to be so friendly. It was the best itinerary I could find of the Greek Isles that also included Turkey and Croatia. Athens was our least favorite. 10 other cruise ships were in port so the Acropolis was a madhouse. It was also 95 degrees out and with all those people pushing to get to the top it was not a pleasant experience.

Disembarkation at each port was handled quickly and efficiently by the crew. The tenders were handled well and everything was quite orderly. In general all the crew onboard were friendly and very helpful. My husband had an accident in our cabin in the middle if the night, striking his head on the nightstand. The cabin steward came within minutes of my calling with a bag of ice for my husband's bloody eye.

Our first night, we arrived for dinner at 6pm and we were not More finished with our meal until 9 due to the inefficiency of our waiter. We missed the first night's entertainment because of it. I mentioned this to guest services and we were given another waiter for the rest of the trip and he was fantastic. Wish I could say that about the food, though. Dinners generally were excellent. I had fish one night hat was I edible, but our waiter quickly replaced it with another entree. How was very honest about the food and always steered us to the better entrees.

Lunch foods at the buffet restaurant were dull, unimaginative and repetitive. Desserts were not very good and I often went to the spa cafe to get a cookie. The spa had a small selection of sandwiches, salads and hot roast beef sandwiches so we often ate here. When in port it was too difficult to be back on board in time for lunch in the main dining room, which had a very limited menu although much better food than the buffet.

We sailed on Celebrity last winter and the food was so much better than RCI I would not return to a RCI ship again.

The entertainment was a big disappointment. The Celine Dion impersonator was OK, and the comedian was quite good. The ship entertainers were so-so and I didn't enjoy their two shows. One night we had a man and woman doing hand shadows of "famous" people that was a real joke. They all looked alike. I have never seen anything so stupid. The best entertainment was the Motown singers, they were really talented.

All in all, I would not sail with RCI again. Less