We have been on Disney cruises and decided to try Princess.
1. The food being no better than a mess hall (and yes I have eaten in one). The menu offered the same items night after night. The serving size is geared for someone over 70. The desserts were plain and very small. Who wants ice cream every night???
2. The lack of customer service in all departments of servers and room cleaners. The few that were excellent were sadly outnumbered by the rest that did not care as they were going to get a gratuity regardless of their service.
3. This Princess cruise we got a balcony for the cruise which was nice. The Princess had a very very tiny bathroom / shower. Our stateroom on the Disney ship the bathroom had a tub / shower with sink and a separate toilet with sink and a pull out couch! The rooms are 1/2 the size of Disney (inside state room).
4. We were amazed at the mandatory fire drill it was careless... with everyone carrying their life jackets into the theater. On Disney you actually put it on the life jacket and went to the boat station where your life boat was located.
5. Other Princess guests shared that since Carnival had taken over Princess that everything had been going downhill...Had we known it was owned by Carnival we would have chosen a different cruise line!