Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by gnshpdude

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by gnshpdude
Serenade of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Member Name: gnshpdude
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Serenade of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans
Royal Caribbean always very good!

This is our third cruise all on RC. The other two were on the Freedom of the Seas and the Oasis of the Seas. We purposely wanted a "smaller" ship, so decided to try the The Serenade for my 50th Birthday. We from Northwest Florida to New Orleans. RC does not have a exclusive parking terminal in New Orleans, like Carnival Does. The share the Conference Center Parking. Unfortunately this caused an issue as the parking lot was completely full at 11:00. This may have been due to some comic con convention going on. After sitting in line for over 45 minutes to park we were directed to turn around and follow traffic to a far end parking lot. I instead decided to park at a private lot called Parking Management Services Fulton Garage located on 901 Convention Center BLVD. They provided a free shuttle mostly covered parking with the exception of the rooftop for $12.00 a day. I highly recommend them. They were waiting when the ship got back with a shuttle. They drove us to the garage. My wife watched the luggage and I got the car and we were on our way to the interstate in 15 minutes after disembarking. The Serenade is a nice ship. We actually enjoyed the size. There was always a lounge to be found by the pool. We purchased the alcohol package for $55.00 day each. This includes everything except the really high end stuff. I was drinking Belvedere Vodka which would be $9.00 a shot. Remember to Tip you bartenders a $5 spot every few rounds. I know tips are supposedly included, but you will be surprised how far a little extra goes. Canned mixers were not included in this package, but they never charged me. The shows were the usual cruise ship fare. Key west was a short stop of 5 hours, but long enough to get acquainted with the area. Nassau and Coco Cay were all day. I would have preferred a day between stops, but understand the schedule is dictated by distance. Coco Cay is RC private Island and for me was the best port. It has a nice low pressure straw market and unlimited outdoor beach activities. I thought the tenders would be a pain, but actually enjoyed the 15 minute ride to the ship. The hammocks and sitting areas in the shade were a nice touch. Smokers beware RC changed there smoking policy on 1-2014. You can no longer smoke on your balconies. There are designated smoking areas in the Casino, select Bars and one side of the pool deck.

Publication Date: 02/26/14
Read the Bahamas ports review by gnshpdude
More Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Serenade of the Seas review Read the next Serenade of the Seas review

More Bahamas Cruise Reviews