Celebrity Century Cruise Review by missvix61: Worst disaster of a cruise ever!

missvix61
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Century Bahamas Cruises

Worst disaster of a cruise ever!

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas

I have never been so glad to get off a cruise in all my life! The maintenance on the ship was HORRIBLE.

Toilets overflowed within a half hour of getting to our room. Told the front desk immediately and was asked if we'd told our cabin attendant. Hello! We JUST GOT ON THE SHIP. Hadn't even seen him yet. The toilet overflowed 3 more times into the next day when we saw our cabin attendant and told him. He got it fixed nearly immediately but apparently our first notification went unheeded.

We never left port on time ONE TIME. At embarkation we left 2 hours late. The sail away band had already played and packed up and the ship hadn't left port yet. At least an hour late out of Coco Cay and Nassau as well.

On the 2nd day of our cruise the sprinklers went off flooding our hallway leaving giant blowers running all day to try to clean it up.

Handicap shower had ELECTRICAL tape holding the shower head up and electrical tape repairing the phone in the More bathroom. C'mon! Get a new phone cord! The bathroom door wouldn't close and we were left improvising for that.

Employees were rude and would send us on wild goose chases when we asked a question. We are used to the concierge on Royal Caribbean printing out our boarding passes the day before we get back. We were never told were to find the concierge and were told we could just log on to our own internet connection to print out the boarding pass. No one would even answer us whether the concierge would perform this service. Speaking of the internet, it stinks to the point it was nearly worthless. Speeds were so slow that loading a page took 5-8 minutes. We were told "that's just the way it is." I know that it's possible to have faster internet on a ship. We never had this experience on any of our RCI ships.

Tried to get a mocha at the coffee shop. It was prepared and handed to me. The menu said this drink had added whipped cream. I asked where the whipped cream was. "We don't have any." I ordered a Pina Colada at the pool bar and it was prepared by the sommelier. It was the consistency of milk!

All in all, I would have to say I'm glad this cruise was only 3 days. I couldn't wait to leave! Less

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>