Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Nichol4734

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Nichol4734
Member Name: Nichol4734
Cruise Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

First Cruise I'm a Spa Junkie

My friend convinced me to join her on a cruise with the band Train. I'm not a huge fan but I have to say, I had a blast. Sixthman Productions did a fantastic job, organized and great sounding music.

Food: We made reservations for most of the venues on board. I'm also a foodie, I felt as though some of the food was delivered from the "free style" dining buffet and set on my table. My favorite place with the best steak was Cagney's Steakhouse. Our waiter was wonderful.

Excursion- We did the bike and snorkel. I probably won't do an excursion again. While the bike ride was wonderful and I loved to see and smell the local environment, the Rum Cake and Hell Bar stops were really something to miss. The stores really had nothing to offer and I didn't really see anyone buy anything.

SPA: I'm a spa junkie and visit spa's on almost all of my vacations. We were hit up by the spa staff once we got on board. We booked massage, facials and a body scrub with the 10%, 20% and 30% off of each service. We encountered mass confusion at the desk, they couldn't book our appointments from that desk and had major communication issues in getting ahold of the Spa desk. We ended up having to book two different days to get what we wanted. Once you arrived at the spa, you were sent to the sitting area, no tea, no water view, not offered a change into a robe or offered flip flops.

Body Srub- was great and ended with a full boday massage and scalp message

Massage- was great, no robe offered, no flip flops offered and no locker offered to store my stuff. For those kinds of prices, I should have been offered all access to the spa. Since my body crub ended with a massage and I wasn't made aware of it, I tried to cancel my full body massage and I wasn't allowed. My spa ended with a scalp massage and then was told to get dressed to go to my next service (!)?.

Facial-overall, not great, no steam and no extractions. Too much emphasis was put on my dry skin (duh, I'm on a cruise and just travelled several miles to get there with minimal sleep). My service ended with a scalp massage! I lieu of the scalp massages, I would have preferred a parafin dip ( device was in the room). Overall, no flow with the services in the spa. There was no leadership as I felt like I was telling them what I had signed up for and where I was going next in the spa.

Too much high pressure sales on the products that were way overpriced. Fairly unorganized.

I was disappointed.

Room- We had a balcony room, I thought it was great to sit on the balcony in the morning and have my coffee. Our room steward Larry was wonderful. I wanted to ask him if I could get some window cleaner so that I could clean my window balcony to get a clear view of the water. The balcony itself was dirty and had garbage from the last guests :(

Entertainement- There was a concert every day and night. This was so well put together, great job Sixthman!

Publication Date: 02/25/14