Sea Princess Cruise Review by HK Crazee

Member Name: HK Crazee
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Brisbane
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Sea Princess Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Sea Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sea Princess Deck Plans
Freakin' Awesome!

This was our first cruise and I had read everything and looked at all the pictures on the internet and determined that I was setting myself up for disappointment as it couldn't be as good as it sounded/looked.

I was so wrong - it was better - waaaaay better!

How can the Chefs and cooks turn out five star meals each and every time? The buffet was great with everything so fresh. I wanted to take the Baker home with me.

We had a balcony cabin at the suggestion of our Travel Agent but it was a bit of a waste as we were not often to be found in the cabin. I was surprised at the lack of "ship" noises - so quiet and I slept really well.. Every day we had a list of activities and I was disappointed that I had to choose one over others - there was not enough time in the day. I had expected to be bored out of my brain for the five days at sea to New Zealand. I took two books and crochet and would've been lucky to even have read five pages of my book for the whole trip.

We were treated to demonstrations of "food carving" (making the decorations for the buffet) and ice carving and a peek into the spotlessly clean galley. There was movies under the stars, dance parties, karaoke, zumba, line dancing, sports competitions, healthy lifestyle "lectures" etc., etc.

You could indulge in free ice cream and chips, burgers, hot dogs, pizza just for the asking as well as the restaurant and buffet. Wow! too much food - too many choices - not enough time to sample everything.

When the crew wished you a "nice day" they meant it! What a treat to come back to the cabin and your bed was turned down with chocolates on the pillow and our cabin steward was such a sweetie, always making time to enquire about our day (and stopping to listen). Nothing was too much trouble for anyone.

The shampoo in the shower must be formulated to the water as my hair was not responding to my normal shampoo and when i switched it was fine.

We only did one planned shore excursion as we couldn't afford any more but every port we visited we found we could've spent a week there. What a lovely country and in February so refreshing to have to wear a wooly hat and scarf at times.

If you haven't already done a cruise you owe it to yourself to add it to your "bucket list"

How soon can I go again ??? :-)

Publication Date: 02/25/14