Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Dianejo: Glory was great... once we got on the ship!

Dianejo
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Glory was great... once we got on the ship!

Sail Date: February 2014

The Carnival Glory was a great ship, offered fantastic service and wonderful ports. The ship was very clean and offered a lot of different entertainment options. This was my 2nd cruise on Carnival and my husbands 1st experience with Carnival ( we both have cruised with NCL before as well)

Embarkation - Horrible... We arrived for embarkation at 1:30pm to find a VERY, VERY long line outside the terminal. After standing in line for 2 hours, we were finally on the ship. Thankfully the Lido buffet was still open, as we were starving.

Cabin - Balcony room #7220 - located at the front of the ship. The room was typical, but the room steward Maruk was fantastic. Very little noise (except the rude people next door who kept slamming their balcony door). Sink wouldn't drain properly one night, both other than that small issue the cabin was great.

Dining - we had a late seating (8:15 pm) in the Platinum lower dining room. We requested a table for 2 on our first night and More the Maitre De accommodated that request for the remainder of the trip (which was awesome.... thank you!) The dinner choices for the American Feast and American Table were plentiful and everything was very good (except the desserts, but I think all Carnival desserts need a lot of work - so that's just personal preference) My husband is a meat & potatoes guy and ate prime rib, strip steak, flat iron steak every night. He enjoyed every meal. I tried a variety of the dishes and did not have a single complaint about the quality, taste, temperature, etc... of the food. Our servers were excellent, even remembering what my husband drank... having a Pepsi waiting at the table when we arrived :) Nice Touch

The Lido buffet leaves a little to be desired... The breakfast was standard fare, but the lunches were of a different variety each day (Caribbean, French, American, etc..). I found it difficult to find anything appetizing on the Lido buffet. I ate at Guys Burgers and the Burrito stand for most lunches - both were excellent.

Entertainment - We went to the Motor city Show - it was not their best work and reminded me of a high school musical. The comedians stole the show... very funny guys. We went to every adult show offered and it was a great time! The Cruise Director, Dr. E. is an entertaining guy as well. Go to any of the Name that Tune or Music Trivia nights that he MC's... it's a guaranteed good time.

Casino - We only played the slots and won $420... Not bad but probably broke even.

Lido Party's and Events - they need to do more during the day to engage the people especially during sea days.

Ports: Nassau - we went on the Atlantis AquaAdventure. Cost was $140 per person. Well worth it if you have a full day. Water slides don't open till 10am and we had to be back on the boat by 2:30, so we felt like we were being rushed. Wished was had more time in port.

St. Thomas - took taxi ($4 per person) to town and walked to the Gongola ride ($21 per person) took that to the top of Paradise Point (beautiful views). Did a little shopping and returned back to the boat by 5:00pm again wish we had a few more hours.

San Juan PR - we went on the Canopy Zip Lining Tour. Cost was $126 per person. It was a lot of fun.

Grand Turk - we rented a scooter for $60 for the day and drove around the island for hours - great time! Got back to the port with just enough time to take a dip in the ocean and do a little shopping. Back on the boat way too soon...

Overall a great cruise... my only wish was that we had more time in each of the ports. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Empress 7220

Nice balcony, located at the front of the ship. There was little noise except for the folks next to us, slamming their balcony door every morning. The cabin was very clean, plenty of storage space and the bed comfortable.