“Worst cruise ship we have been on”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas

gembeth Voyager of the Seas 0 Worst cruise ship we have been on
gembeth
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Boarding was delayed due to a norovirus outbreak not the computer malfunction we were told was the reason.

This ship takes on way to many passengers for the size of its facilities. The windjammer buffet is no bigger that than the buffet area on P&O and Princess ships but has to cater for many more passengers. The coffee shop on deck 5 was very inadequate for the size of the ship, if 50 people decided to have a coffee at the same time there was no room.

Bingo was held in Cleopratra,s Needle there was not enough seats for all that wanted to play so the stopped coming. I think the cost had something to do with that also $32.00 for only 4 games.

I would not class the food in the dining room as fine dining it was more like a good home cooked meal. The food in windjammers was very disappointing the menu for breakfast and lunch was the same every day and did not look very appetising. I tried eggs cooked a number of different ways all were tastless, the fried eggs you could have used as a discuss when soft boiled or poached were requested all came rubbery or hard.

The staff in the dining room and our cabin steward were up there with the best we have ever had on any cruise.

I contracted norovirus on day 7 and was confined to my cabin for 24 hours this was virtually the end of the cruise for my husband and myself as I was not feeling the best for the rest of the cruise and my husband was not 100% either after I was sick. Voyager of the Seas have offered me a cruise credit of one day as I was in isolation only one day, but I was not able to enjoy the remainder of the cruise as I did not magicaly feel better after 24 hours. My husband did not really enjoy the rest of the cruise either as he stayed with me in the cabin most of the time. This should be considered when offering a cruise credit.

Voyager of the Seas Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7679
Room was comfortable size but it was difficult to get into and out of bed as you could not walk around the bed but had to climb over it. Bathroom was a bit small but workable.
Published 02/25/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Voyager of the Seas Review
Voyager of the Seas Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?