Carnival Elation Cruise Review by LadySha: Great time on the Elation

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Great time on the Elation

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans

I must say after reading all the negative comments I was afraid of what I might experience on my Western Caribbean cruise. My husband and I along with about 400 others that belong to our travel group enjoyed our 6 days and 5 nights aboard the ship. Leaving out of the Port of New Oleans was a breeze, it was a little chilly on Feb. 3, 2014 when we left NOLA and cruised down the Mississippi but what a pleasant suprise when we woke up on Tuesday Feb 4, 2014 and it was sunny and very warm. We enjoyed our 1st. out to sea day.

We signed up for the Cheers program and it appears most people on the ship did as well. My favorite bars were the Drama Bar, Dukes Piano Bar and the Drama Bar. Not to mention the many waiters that were on the outside decks to make sure you had a drink while sunning. Our first port of call was Progresso, which I did not care for, after about an hour we returned back to the ship and enjoyed another day of sunning on the lido deck. Cozumel was aout second port of More call and what a day we had. We took a cab to Mr. Sancho's Beach Club and enjoyed the beach and we both decided to have a soothing massage on the beach.

As far as dining and on boeard activites, we had a great group of people at our dinner table, every night we had many laughs and good conversation, I've even texted and e-mailed everyone that was at my table. Lucien our waiter was awesome, likewise for our cabin steward Issaic. The stage and comedy shows were entertaining, therefore I can not jump on the negative bandwagaon and bash the ship or service on board. Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Elation E98

The sige of the cabin was ample, the shower nice and roomy however I hated the cornor box that housed the life jackets, really they should be somewhere so every time I wanted to get in and out of bed I had to crawl and proay I didn't bang my knee!!!

(5.5)

Loved this port. Beautiful water, great beaches.

Read 3083 Cozumel Reviews