Carnival Elation Cruise Review by LadySha

Cabin Number: E98
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Great time on the Elation

I must say after reading all the negative comments I was afraid of what I might experience on my Western Caribbean cruise. My husband and I along with about 400 others that belong to our travel group enjoyed our 6 days and 5 nights aboard the ship. Leaving out of the Port of New Oleans was a breeze, it was a little chilly on Feb. 3, 2014 when we left NOLA and cruised down the Mississippi but what a pleasant suprise when we woke up on Tuesday Feb 4, 2014 and it was sunny and very warm. We enjoyed our 1st. out to sea day.

We signed up for the Cheers program and it appears most people on the ship did as well. My favorite bars were the Drama Bar, Dukes Piano Bar and the Drama Bar. Not to mention the many waiters that were on the outside decks to make sure you had a drink while sunning. Our first port of call was Progresso, which I did not care for, after about an hour we returned back to the ship and enjoyed another day of sunning on the lido deck. Cozumel was aout second port of call and what a day we had. We took a cab to Mr. Sancho's Beach Club and enjoyed the beach and we both decided to have a soothing massage on the beach.

As far as dining and on boeard activites, we had a great group of people at our dinner table, every night we had many laughs and good conversation, I've even texted and e-mailed everyone that was at my table. Lucien our waiter was awesome, likewise for our cabin steward Issaic. The stage and comedy shows were entertaining, therefore I can not jump on the negative bandwagaon and bash the ship or service on board.

Publication Date: 02/24/14