Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Court82

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
        3-6 6.0

Magical, wonderful January 19, 2014

Trip of a lifetime!!! Embarkation was a little crazy, the ship came in late from fog so we sat in the terminal for 4 hours, reminded me of flying standby, but carnival called us to board an hour earlier than previously announced--and within 10 minutes near 2pm we were eating make your own pasta at cucina de capitano!

the lido buffet looked great...but that's the popular spot! the desserts were great! the strawberry cakeballs on the lido the first day are hard to beat!

The 2 days at sea were magnificent. The weather was perfect, warm and sunny!! the pools and water works were very popular with children. My 6 year old told everyone the slides were his favorite part of the whole cruise! Which was also nice for mommy to catch some rays and enjoy the drink of the day!!! The magic also provides an awesome husband daycare called the Red Frog Pub:)

Isla Roatan, Mohagany Bay, Honduras---Unbelievable!!! gorgeous, lush rainforest with lovely beaches just steps from the ship.---awesome job with this one carnival!!! I highly recommend the pirates, monkeys, gumbalimba park excursion--tour guide William was precious and knowlegable for a young university student! the shopping at this port was lovely clean and mostly hassel-free---5 stars--carnival! and the beach chair skyride is a must! We took pictures of dolfins, sting rays, ships and rainforest from up there!

Belize---I had high expectations but it was just ehh. the port was not great bars and shops, leaving the port is not recommended unless you have a carnival shore excursion, which is what I should have done but we already had onein honduras and one scheduled for cozumel. My husband tried some belizian beers for $2 and bought me a pretty fake coach bag---but after an hour or 2 I took the tender back to the ship and took my kiddo to the waterworks.

Cozumel--always lovely...we did a shore snorkel for beginners, Jonathan was an amazing, thoughtful, careful, safety oriented guide! was great and patient with our 6 year old--the only issue he had was people trying to leave the the group saying they are expert swimmers or snorklers--hello! I am too but this was called "Shore snorkel for BEGINNERS and it was policy to stay with the guide. The shopping, eating and drinking is very fun in cozumel!

MDR--we had Northern lights, but the Southern lights is a prettier dining room, the food was awesome no complaints---I just love the chocolate melting cake and the waitstaff works so hard with a smile.

Best food--Tandoori--yummo, pizza pirate is awesome--they really should make the pizza pirate bigger to accodate all their pizza fans!!!

Ship--pretty, fancy, clean--I love it!---my 2nd cruise ever and second on the magic I love it!!!

Spa--a must!!!---worth the extra $$

Shout outs: Dean and Evanston at the red frog great!!

Napolean at pixels and jaquline very sweet!!!

Tamryn in the the spa did a great shelac manicure--very fun and sweet girl!!

dee-assist. CD--cool and very personable!!!...best week ever!!!

Publication Date: 02/24/14