“Relaxed cruise - dirty ship”
Cruise review of Carnival Splendor

arnaldos77 Carnival Splendor 5 Relaxed cruise - dirty ship
arnaldos77
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I still feel that Carnival is one of the best value for the money in terms of cruising. I have sailed several of their ships including the Glory, Fascination, Sensation, etc., and am a Gold level member in their loyalty program. All things considered, I would not sail the Splendor again if I could help it. The ship is fine and the appointments typically Carnival. The crew is also very friendly and they do try their best to please you. The problem is that the dining areas are messy and dirty which, in my book, reflects a problem with management and organization. Mind you, this seems to be a problem with the Splendor and not with Carnival in general. Around the Lido deck, where the buffet is served, you would commonly find piles of used trays, leftover food, dirty dishes and silverware while the crew simply walked by and did not clean up the mess. More than once we witnessed a "manager" (those are the ones dressed in white) addressing the issues with personnel but the problem persisted throughout the cruise. We had dinner at the Golden Pearl restaurant and witnessed the same problem although not nearly to the same degree as in the Lido deck. This lack of organization was also reflected in the beverage area. One night we sat in the Promendae right accross from the casino and it took nearly an hour for a waiter to ask if we needed a drink. We opted for getting the drinks ourselves from the sports bar where a very gracious bartender named I Made (seriously) compensated for the lack of service at the Promenade. Not surprisingly, staff did not remove used glasses, napkins not cans from the tables. One final comment about the food; overall it's very good, but the powdered scrambled eggs served for breakfast are not fit for human consumption! I would not feed that to my dog. I am sure that would chance if the captain tried them only once.....that was just discusting.

Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Port

It's a small shopping village with the usual island trinkets but the music is good and the people friendly and laid back. Must take a taxi to see anything else.

Read 1,075 Freeport Reviews
Port

Typical of a Caribbean island. Easy on/off and located withing walking distance of a really cool public beach. Lots of small bars with personality and shopping but the prices are less than friendly.

Read 4,121 Nassau Reviews
Published 02/24/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Splendor Review
Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?