Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by fiddlesticks1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by fiddlesticks1
Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: fiddlesticks1
Cruise Date: January 2014
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

A fantastic cruise

This is my third cruise and my first with Celebrity Equinox. The whole trip was absolutely fantastic. I went away with my sister and parents.

The boat itself was lovely. It was very modern in style and really had something for everyone. Embarkation was a breeze and whilst we were waiting for our luggage went and had a look around the ship. As someone in my mid twenties I noticed that the crowd were quite a lot older on this trip.

We stayed in Aqua Class which was totally worth it in my opinion. We had a balcony room which was lovely....fresh canapés, bottled water and iced tea every day. The rooms are very spacious and I was surprised at the generous amount of room in the bathroom. With Aqua Class we could enjoy the gym and spa for free and also dined in the Blu restaurant. Blu was amazing. I've seen on here a lot of people saying its the 'healthy' restaurant. Whilst I would agree to a certain extent I wouldn't exactly call it health food, with things on the menu such as steak, lobster, fresh seafood and a mountain of naughty desserts. The waiting staff in Blu were equally amazing. We did dine in the main restaurant one night and went to the brunch on the last day...both of our times in the main restaurant were also good.

During the day we never had any problem finding 4 sun beds together. In fact, there were often empty sun beds for a lot of the day...even on the at sea days.

Itinerary wise, there was endless amounts of choice for things to do. It seems every half an hour or so something else was happening; quizzes, ballroom dancing, ping pong tournaments, hot glass shows, zumba...the list goes on! The entertainment staff were brilliant and special note to Andres the Zumba coach who was excellent and never seemed to run out of energy!

There were so many choices of bars. I really liked the molecular bar, the cocktails were delicious and so inventive, however these are only included in the premium drinks package. The sky bar was always mostly good for after dinner. I can imagine if it were a slightly younger crowd it would have had a really buzzy atmosphere however there did always seem to be people dancing. The nightclub Quasar never really took off. For the first couple of nights of the cruise it didn't open til midnight. They then started to open it at an earlier time. At its busiest there were probably 30 or so people in there. The music was good though and it stayed open pretty late!

The excursions we did were fantastic; swimming with stingrays and dolphins in Grand Cayman, Zip-lining and crystal cave tubing in Belize, white water rafting in Costa Rica and Mayan ruins in Mexico.

The only show we went to was the cirque du soleil type show which was very good but the other shows weren't really to our taste. There was a late night comedian that played on a few nights in Celebrity Central who was quite funny but VERY much catered to only the American crowd. I'm sure he would have been funnier if we knew all the references he was making.

All in all, a brilliant cruise and I'd definitely go back on this ship again!

Publication Date: 02/24/14
More Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews

More Panama Canal & Central America Reviews
Not What It Was!
Never again
Wonderful Cruise to the Panama...

More Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews