Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by crumpykym: Superbowl Sunday Cruise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

Superbowl Sunday Cruise

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was our second Norwegian cruise with the first one being not so good. We always try to give each cruise line a second chance.

We are native New Yorkers who currently live in Maryland. We decided to take the bus to New York because of the Superball that was scheduled that afternoon. It was such a easy ride and when we arrived at port authority we took a cab for about $8 bucks to the ship.

The Norwegian Breakaway was an awesome ship in design. I loved the layout as well as the whole NYC city theme, down to the hot dog stand on the ship. It really made me appreciate being a New Yorker.

The activities on the ship were good, considering this was a winter cruise and most of the activities were indoors.

Our stateroom attendant was very nice and attentive to our needs, however I did notice that some days our cabin were not done until in the afternoon. The service in the food venues were great and the high priority on the hands washing was good. More

The dining venues were awesome, especially with having 5 different restaurants to choose from that were complimentary, however, what I did not like was that the food in the dinning rooms were being repeated throughout the cruise. That was a BIG turnoff to me.

The entertainment.........For me personally after dinning you look forward to seeing a show with your family each night. Even though the Rock of Ages was for Adults, this show should of been at a later time and had something more family friendly.

The disembarkation on Sunday morning went smooth. We had enough time to eat breakfast and get back to the bus station far more sooner then we thought.

The overall experience on the Norwegian Breakaway was very nice. I would try other Norwegian ships in the future, even though our family loves Royal Caribbean cruise lines. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Breakaway 10754

The cabin was nice, however the balcony was a little smaller then what were used too. The bathroom was great with a shower door instead of a curtain, which holds in the steam.