Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Kruiser@

Embarkation: Charleston
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Number: u6

Didn't like it

Fantasy is the oldest ship in the Carnival fleet--almost 25 years old. It is a small ship, and it is a matter of preference if you like this.

Most of my cruise was fine until Thursday. Two days before the end of the cruise sewage started backing up in my shower drain. After I heard the noise and checked it out I called guest services. They called the plumber, who was there within 1/2 hour. By that time the sewage had filled up the whole bathroom floor "pan. " As the ship rocked the sewage started pouring over the threshold onto the carpet. I was put out of my room for a couple hours while the plumber worked on it and the staff cleaned up.

While the plumber was working I went to guest services and asked to change cabins which I thought was reasonable given what I saw. The staff person gave no apology or even empathy, and dismissed me saying there were no cabins available. I doubt that cruise was sold out, and even if it was some people had gotten off at one of the ports. I don't expect kid glove treatment, but I hoped to get my problem addressed with a little respect. The way she made me feel left me depressed for the rest of the cruise. After the cleanup I had one of those big blowers/ dryers in my room for two days.

Other staff were great-- cabin steward Su and waiter Roger(?).

The slide didn't seem to be open much. It's also awkward to get to Serenity -- either out the cafeteria and down some steps or exit out the back door of the comedy theater.

The water on the ship was the worst tasting water I've ever experienced.

Publication Date: 02/24/14