Carnival Victory Cruise Review by YourFavoriteTeacher

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Victory Cruise Review by YourFavoriteTeacher
Carnival Victory
Carnival Victory
Member Name: YourFavoriteTeacher
Cruise Date: February 2014
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Valentine's & Birthday Get-away

This cruise was a perfect winter vacation away from subzero temperatures, almost a foot of snow, and freezing rain to top it all off. The price was just right for my budget as well. I've cruised with carnival several times and have never had a single complaint until this particular cruise. The food left a lot to be desired. Although I had a few delicious meals, I also had a few terrible ones. Carnivals dining room entrees have been the same for the past three years that I've cruised with them. There were a few new additions but perhaps they should consider adding some new favorites to the menu. All of my favorite items from past vacations, such as the lasagne, were over cooked and I could tell had been sitting for a while. Our waiter was extremely forgetful. He forgot two of my entree items on two different nights and never returned to check on us. There were even a staff member eating in the dining room behind a partition. I felt sorry for him. The way he inhaled the food was as if he hadn't eaten in days.

There were absolutely no available chairs on the lido deck during sea days and there were unattended children running all over the ship all night long due to a cheerleading competition on board. Watching the dive-in movie was impossible due to all of the screaming from children in the pool. We decided to relax in the Serenity adults only area but to no avail, there were children there as well. The area only had two hammocks and for cabanas. I was very disappointed.

I cruised on the Carnival Breeze in February of 2012 & perhaps that's why my expectations of this cruise was so high. Clearly, there is no competition.

There were highlights to this cruise and overall I had a good time. I definitely feel that I got what I paid for and despite the few set backs I was still able to create memories to last a lifetime.

Publication Date: 02/24/14