Carnival Victory Cruise Review by YourFavoriteTeacher: Valentine's & Birthday Get-away

YourFavoriteTeacher
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Western Caribbean Cruises

Valentine's & Birthday Get-away

Sail Date: February 2014

This cruise was a perfect winter vacation away from subzero temperatures, almost a foot of snow, and freezing rain to top it all off. The price was just right for my budget as well. I've cruised with carnival several times and have never had a single complaint until this particular cruise. The food left a lot to be desired. Although I had a few delicious meals, I also had a few terrible ones. Carnivals dining room entrees have been the same for the past three years that I've cruised with them. There were a few new additions but perhaps they should consider adding some new favorites to the menu. All of my favorite items from past vacations, such as the lasagne, were over cooked and I could tell had been sitting for a while. Our waiter was extremely forgetful. He forgot two of my entree items on two different nights and never returned to check on us. There were even a staff member eating in the dining room behind a partition. I felt sorry for him. The way he inhaled the food was as if More he hadn't eaten in days.

There were absolutely no available chairs on the lido deck during sea days and there were unattended children running all over the ship all night long due to a cheerleading competition on board. Watching the dive-in movie was impossible due to all of the screaming from children in the pool. We decided to relax in the Serenity adults only area but to no avail, there were children there as well. The area only had two hammocks and for cabanas. I was very disappointed.

I cruised on the Carnival Breeze in February of 2012 & perhaps that's why my expectations of this cruise was so high. Clearly, there is no competition.

There were highlights to this cruise and overall I had a good time. I definitely feel that I got what I paid for and despite the few set backs I was still able to create memories to last a lifetime. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Interior Main 2349

Our room was comfortable, clean, & our room steward was extremely accommodating.

We were in Key West for such a short time, from 9a.m. to one o'clock p.m. The only thing I had time for was a little shopping.

Read 741 Key West Reviews

Beach Break

(4)

Our tour guide through South Beach was amazing! We even went to view the boats at the boat show, the boats were breath taking. One particular boat had a helicopter pad and helicopter.