Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Sonnyearl: Nic-L Beer Group Cruise

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Nic-L Beer Group Cruise

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Galveston

This is my 12 cruise. We started in 1969 on an Eastern Steamship (Star of the seas) and have cruised on 5 different cruise lines.. I rate this cruise a 3 out of 5. On embarkation we were delayed until 7:30 pm to board ship. This was not RCCL's fault because the port was closed due to fog (Galveston). But we still had to buy a 7 day drink package even though most of the bars were closed and we were limited to only certain brands of liquor that could be bought while in port. I drink Jack Daniels and that was not one of the brands. The Ship did not depart till 8AM the next day. Also very little food could be found because most of the restaurants were closed.. The cabin and staff were very nice. But I found that some of the bartenders were not that good. (they could not make a Rob Roy or didn't know how. ) Our cabin, and not only ours but many others had only hot water for 1-1/2 days so we could not shower. My son's cabin had only cold water for those days. Also the Toilets would only More work sometimes because of a vacum line problem. The food in the dinning room was OK even though I ate the same thing almost every night. I did not like the choices. The waiters were great. I prefer anytime dinning on NCL instead of mytime dinning on RCCL.. The windjammer buffets were OK. I rate the food 7 out of 10. The refurbished ship was nice. I saw a few things that could have been done that weren't like a piece of countertop at the poolside bar was missing. We were 400 in our group and had a good time. ESPECIALLY our Mardi Gras party with the Nic-L beer band on last day at sea. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas 1588

The Cabin was very nice. Better than some of the ships I have Been on. The Cabin Steward was very good and the Room service was exceptionable, punctual, and the breakfast order was always correct.