Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by kenelmom: Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

kenelmom
Member Since 2005

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2007

My sister and I booked this cruise as a birthday celebration; our birthday was the day of the sailing. We flew into Miami the day before and stayed at the Holiday Inn, Bayside location (taxi $24.00 from airport). We met a small group from our roll call board for cocktails that evening; it was a great way to start our voyage.

We headed for the terminal at about 11:30 am to find a stall of the disembarking passengers due to customs. It was almost 1:00 pm before we were on board.

Our cabin was ready for us once we were on board. We met out cabin steward which ended up to be one of our only down sides of our cruise. We only saw him twice our whole cruise. We had to leave notes for him and he didn't follow thru with most requests. This was my first junior suite and first in a hump cabin, what a treat! The storage areas for two women that over packed was wonderful. The walk in closet doubled as a great dressing room. The view from a center hump cabin balcony was the full More lengthen of the ship. I think we ate at all of the food venues, Windjammer, Johnny Rockets, Portifino's, and the Dinning room. Only once did I have something I didn't like and it was changed in a heart beat by the dinning room waiter, with a smile. Windjammer food was always hot and a good variety, Johnny Rocket's was fun and good. Portifino's, all I can say is WOW what food, presentation, and service. The entertainment was headed by cruise director Alan Brooks who has more energy than should be legal, He and his staff do a wonderful job. The production shows were fun, the ice show is unbelievable and not to be missed. (tickets needed for the show, but there is no fee) I enjoyed some good luck in the casino, winning $900 just in the first night playing Roulette with continued wins for the whole week.

At our island stops we didn't do any tours as we mainly did shopping until you drop. The only extra we did was the surrey ride in Nassau which was a large waste of money.

The roll call I started was a great way to get to know some people before the cruise. We had three get togethers that we planned. First was the night before the cruise in Miami for cocktails, then a sail away get together at pool side, then Royal Caribbean hosted a Meet and Mingle on our first day at sea. It was fun see people that I had talked to during the year of planning of this cruise.

Overall it was a great cruise and I look forward to my next Royal Caribbean voyage.

Donna Less