Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Sanibelle

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Sanibelle
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: Sanibelle
Cruise Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Great Birthday Cruise

We went on a four day cruise to the Bahamas to celebrate my husband's birthday and had 3 Concierge Class cabins on the 9th floor. Ours was 9145 and our sons and their families were on the other side, in 9122 and 9124. Checking in at about 1:00 was a breeze, and we didn't need the Concierge line to get on board quickly. We were happy to learn that our cabins were ready and we went to put our luggage away and then to the Ocean View Restaurant for lunch. There was a wide selection of pretty well prepared food but we opted for salads the first day. We usually eat breakfast in the main dining room and the buffet lunch. The Ocean View buffet was varied and we enjoyed the various curries other Indian and Asian offerings. Everyone we encountered on the ship was very friendly and helpful. We had the Classic Drink Package and were happy to learn that it included Absolut Vodka and most of the mixed drinks, as well as cappuchinos in the Cafe. There were plenty of lounge chairs by the pool, even on the one sea day. Dinner was good and we had an 8:30PM seating and a really nice table by the picture window. Our waiter, Umar, and his helper, Igor, were wonderful and anticipated all of our wishes. The food was generally good. Compared to their other soups, the onion soup was excellent and the crème brulee was an excellent way to end each meal. On my husband's birthday, they presented him with a small cake and sang Happy Birthday. The bars and lounges on The Constellation were also really nice, and there is a fairly large casino, where one son managed to walk away with an extra $300. Games on the boat were kept to a minimum, and it was always easy to escape the action at the main pool. There is a very nice solarium, but the wooden chairs are not very comfortable there. We liked the very front of the boat on the 11th floor, which had plexiglass panels to minimize the wind when the boat was moving. Entertainment was typical for a 2000 passenger boat and not memorable, but a pleasant enough way to pass an hour in the evening. There were other workshops and activities offered during the day, and we enjoyed a multigenerational game of Trivia.

My only negative would be our cabin. It was right under the Ocean View Restaurant, which is well carpeted, but I believe that I heard noise in the morning and late at night. I am a very light sleeper and usually try to pick a room sandwiched between two others. My husband did not hear any noise. Neither of us were happy with our cabin steward, which is very unusual for us. We had to ask him twice for more shampoo on the third day of our cruise. He obliged but never brought new body wash. By Saturday night, our garbage was overflowing and it was NEVER emptied and we left the boat on Monday with a mess in our room. On Sunday our bathroom sink was never scrubbed and the bathroom mirror was full of spots from my husband's shaving. The only thing the cabin steward did do was to appear at our door three times to remind us to give him an excellent review. Unfortunately, I filled the comment card out early and did give him one. On the other hand, the cabin steward on the other side of the boat was great and did a lot of little extra things for our sons. Despite this, we had a wonderful time on this cruise. We live in Florida in the winter and do these short ones quite often. I can say that I like Celebrity the best of the large lines that do the 3-4 day cruises.

Publication Date: 02/24/14