Carnival Magic Cruise Review by gelouise55: A little disappointed

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

A little disappointed

Sail Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Galveston

Just to start off I have been on 12 of carnival cruises different ships and different nbr days cruises.

The Carnival Magic I have to say was not what I expected. The Lido deck dinning was always crowded and the pools had so many kids in it. The one deck I did enjoy was the Serenity deck for adults it was nice if you could get up there in time to get a chair. I think all cruises have the same menus because the food to me is all the same. I did enjoy the Lobster on formal night and the shrimp meals were good. Do not get the steak in the dinning room it is tough and not really cook to the way you want it. The other thing I did not like is when they make a big deal in the shops on board about how you have to come at certain hour to get a good deal well it was so crowded that you could not even get inside the shop to buy anything it was bad. If you just wait to the last day at sea they put everything out and mark it half off. The Magic I think is least favorite ship I have been More on. I wish they would bring the Ecstasy back to Galveston that is my favorite ship so far.

The Truimph is ok I am leaving in Oct to go on another 5 day cruise I hope by then they really step up to the plate and make it a great cruise. I am a platiumn cruiser with Carnival and its ok but some of the perks are good like getting on board quick on the day you leave and getting your laundry done free but that's just about it for that level. I think my favorite cruise I have ever done was on Princess and I have done over 23 cruises. I will go back to princess next year. I am doing Carnival because of my mom she likes it. Word of advice do not get a cabin on the upper deck or 6th floor middle it is above the show room and you can hear all the shows like they were in your cabin with you singing and dancing we had to request for a new cabin and we were lucky to get one the 2nd day of the cruise. If now well I would have been really upset with the person at Carnival who booked this room without telling me about the show room below us, Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Interior Upper 6235

Do not book upper deck cabin just saying.