“Western Caribbean Allure of the Seas”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

stacis64 Allure of the Seas 5 Western Caribbean Allure of the Seas
stacis64
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We decided with the weather in the Midwest to fly in to Ft. Lauderdale a day early. Stayed at the Fairfled Inn Dania Beach. I booked late so hotels on 17th were full. The hotel was great. We had dinner at the Rustic Inn. A 10 minute walk or the hotel has a free shuttle. Fantastic dinner. My husband ate crab for an hour.

Note - We met up with my in-laws for a non for profit fundraiser from their retirement village. Ages ranged from 48-80 with no young kids;

They do have a shuttle to the pier. We were on the 10am and arrived at 10:45. M advice is to get the first shuttle. They will run behind up to an hour after that. We were on the ship by 11:15. I was very impressed by the organization of the terminal. Rooms on board were open as promised by 1pm. Made a quick run to Park Cafe. Met our party about an hour later who wanted to go to the Windjammer. What a zoo! Only went there once the rest of the trip and there were plenty of tables then. The waiters were seating everyone as you entered. My husband ate at Izumu 3 times and loved it. We did appetizers twice ant the Mexican place on the BoardWalk which were ok but not anything special. No other specialty dining.

Breakfast - at in the dining room all days except one. Went to Johnny Rockets. Excellent breakfast and free. Park Cafe also has a free build your own bagel bar.

Lunch - Usually went to Park Cafe. Love the build your own salad. Don't be afraid to ask them to pile on the shrimp.

Dinner - Only ate in the dining room. Table of 8 and not one complaint the entire week. All their lamb dishes and soups were especially good.y

Service - Outstanding. Overall the best staff ship wide that I've seen so far.

Entertainment - Chicago - Very good. Saw a better production locally but not bad.

Planet Earth - :Lots of singing and acrobatic stunts. Very entertaining. One of our favorites.

Headliner - Great comedian and ventriloquist.

Aqua Ocean - Very exciting water and trampoline show.

Ice Skating - How to tame your dragon - very cute

- Ice Games - Cancelled the first show. Second night we were told that was the second performance by this group. Might explain the cancel and it showed. Many skaters seemed tentative but still worth seeing.

Shopping - Very disappointing. My husband was quite pleased with the lack of money spent on board compared to previous cruises.

Overall - nothing to really complain about. Staff was fantastic. But I must say for me personally, as well as the rest our party of 26, we missed our smaller ships. Unless the destinations are fantastic we will go back to Freedom , Independence, etc. Nothing wrong with Allure at all, just missed the "homey" feeling!!

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

6188
Room was quite spacious. No obstructions on the balcony. Never felt crowded.

Culinary Tour

A Local resident opens her home to tourists for a culinary adventure. You take a short walk to her local market to buy fresh produce. She demonstrates many different local dishes and drinks. You make your own corn tortillas which she makes quesidalles out of. 3 hours. Great time and highly recommended.

City Tour

Two of us were recovering from surgery so took the cruise around Falmouth and montego Bay designed for those who weren't mobile. 90% was on a bus as expected. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable about local history. We basically saw a lot of touristy attractions from a bus. Informative but didn't leave you with any desire to visit againl

Port

We caught the tram and toured the island to find the best spot. Every beach was extremely crowded by 10:30am. They have a Village of local merchants. Very, very aggressive. Surprised considering this is a RCCL "island". We finally just looked straight down and practically ran to get past them. One merchant hassled my husband so my at the beach he finally gave in and bought a $2 bracelte. The Artisian Market however is very nice, No hassling.

Read 850 Labadee Reviews
Published 02/23/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Allure of the Seas Review
Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?