Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by oshunreef

Cruise Date: February 2014
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+

Family Cruise of 10

Arrived the day before and 6 of us stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brickell/Downtown. Was a very nice hotel with plenty of restaurants and Publix within walking distance. The 10 of us ages varied from 50 to 81 yrs old. My dear husband and I purchased the FTTF so we went to the port around 10:30 and were walking onto the ship around 11:15. We dropped our bags in our cabin and went to lunch to meet the rest of the family.

The ship is beautiful. The décor around the ship was very nice. Our favorite bar ended up being at the Alchemy Bar with Brian fixing some wonderful martinis. We went to the piano bar the first night and the piano player was very good, but seemed like each night was pretty much a repeat of the first. We enjoyed the punchliner comedy club and heard a few good comedians. Saw the juggler/action comedian and enjoyed his show. We skipped the dancer/singer shows.

The food at the wok is always enjoyable. The deli had some delicious sandwiches. The buffet was pretty good. Really enjoyed Guys burgers. Had a breakfast burrito at Blue Iguana but it just wasn't my kind of breakfast food. The lunch burritos looked yummy. The MDR had excellent service and many choices with the new menu. Was a little disappointed with the size of the lobster tail, yet it was good.

Loved hanging out at the Serenity area when the ship was at port. No one was in the hot tubs, so it was very nice to sit in them and look out over the ports at the front of the ship. Also, loved the Versailles Aft pool. It was quiet and relaxing. We didn't hang out and watch any movies, but many seemed to enjoy this in the evenings at the main pool.

The ports where great. Cozumel we decided just to shop a little. Glad we did because my husband bought me my Valentine gift. :) In Belize my husband hired a private tour to snorkel at the Barrier Reef and really enjoyed himself. I stayed on the ship. At Isla Roatan 8 of us went to Maya Key and really enjoyed the island. You could see our ship from the island. They had many rescue birds and animals. There was a snorkeling area and beach area. The island was very clean (just put on bug spray). Had many bug bites when I returned to ship. In Grand Cayman we used our FTTF and were off quickly. Did a little shopping, then got back on the ship to get some enjoyment on the ship.

After doing an 11 night cruise in November this 7 day seemed to go way to quickly. I would definitely recommend this ship. Our room attendant was fantastic and everyone working on the ship seemed to be very friendly. On our last morning I told my dear husband that I wished we didn't have to get off.

Just a quick note on the cabins. We had an oceanview, my cousin an inside, and my aunt & uncle had a balcony. I saw each room. The inside is small, but I have been on cruises with smaller cabins. It is definitely enough room for 2 people comfortably. The oceanview was a lot bigger than I expected and we were very pleased. The balcony room was a little smaller (maybe only a few feet) but of course, they had the balcony.

Disembarkment was simple and we were off the ship around 8:30am.

Publication Date: 02/23/14