Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Calton Rep: First But Not Last Ruby Princess Cruise

Ruby Princess 5

Value for Money

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

First But Not Last Ruby Princess Cruise

Sail Date: February 2014

This was our first Princess Cruise, the Ruby did not disappoint. Although the ship showed her age in the common area, overall I was surprised how well she has been maintained. The carpet in our stateroom and the rest of the ship was quite worn and faded but the woodwork and the marble has been maintained well. Our stateroom was average with no real wow factor. So happy we choose a Balcony. The Stateroom was just okay. We did not like the fact that the comforter was your top sheet and blanket. When we went back to our cabin to nap this made for a very hot and sweaty down time. The shower was very small however, being 6' tall I did appreciate not having to get on my knees to shampoo my hair. The carpet although probably clean but the pattern was wearing. Nothing special from the cabin Stewart. Yes he did his job and when we did see him he was friendly but not as energetic as soon of the Stewarts we seen in the hallways.The wall mounted TV vibrated consistently during the first day so I More immediately placed a paper towel between the TV and the wall and this helped the rest of the cruise.

The food was a strong 4 stars, the service the same. We did eat at the Crown Grill and it was every bit a 6 Star experience. The quality of food and the service was second to none. For someone who has dined at Ruth Chris, Morton's, and Shula's this rated at least as good as any of these steak houses. The entertainment was very good. I dislike musicals but was mesmerized by the wardrobes and talent of the dancers. The magician was non impressive, the comedian was so good we did 2 shows in one night. Less

Published 02/23/14

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: A633

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!