Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by tarheel1228: Perfect!!

tarheel1228
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Perfect!!

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

This was our first cruise and it exceeded our expectations. We parked at park cape Canaveral for 1/2 of what it costs at the port and they shuttled us and luggage right over. Got on ship and was in our rooms by 1:00 and had our bags by 2:00. We stayed in 6602, a balcony room and it was very clean and roomy enough for me and my husband. Our boys stayed across hall in a promenade room over looking deck 5 with all the little shops and food areas. They were happy with their room. We had 8:00 dining time which ended up being great because you have plenty of time to do all the things on compass and hang out by the pools. The pools are crowded especially between 11- 2:00 but then people leave to get ready for the early dinner and its not so bad.

The first stop at coco kay was nice, it wasn't that crowded and we done the jet skiing excursion, it was awesome! The guides were supper nice. Next we stopped at St. Thomas and done the 4x4 jeep and beach excursion. This was our More favorite. Ed and Garfield were our guides and we got to see some breathtaking views, then spend a hour at a beach with hardly anybody there. We had our own jeep wrangler with just the 4 of us in it. Last was St. Maarten. We didn't go on an excursion but I would if I had it to do all over again. We went shopping and I personally thought the shopping was better in St. Thomas, you can actually get things cheaper there and do some haggling.

We did over pack. Everybody wore capris, jeans and I seen lots of shorts it was very very casual for the dining room ( I will know for next time) but there were cocktail dresses and suites for formal night. Our waiter and assistant waiter were terrific. Wore my bathing suite at least 4 days of the trip with a cover up. So had plenty of clothes left over. The Soda packages are well worth it unless you drink unsweet tea, lemonade or water which is free.

This was our best vacation ever!! Already planning another cruise, would definitely recommend Freedom of the seas. Bring plenty of money for tips! Gratuity is added every day $12/person every day but people are still looking to be tipped everywhere you go. Also shopping is tax and duty free but they don't tell you that anything over $800/person you will have to pay Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas 6602

Our room was very roomy and clean