Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by TheTraveller72

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by TheTraveller72
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: TheTraveller72
Cruise Date: February 2014
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+

Great Fun - tips for BYOB and Pop plans

Travelled with wife and 2 kids on Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean Feb 2014

BYOB - Brought 2 bottles of wine on board with my carry on. No problem, when through x-ray, they didn't even open my bag. I'd read that 2 bottles per cabin is not allowed to be brought on board and seems to be the case. As far as I read ONLY WINE AND CHAMPAGNE bottles are allowed.

POP Plans - The refillable cups can be used at any coke machine AND any bar.

FOOD - I'm a bit of a foodie. I'd say the dining room food is 3.5 stars. Not spectacular but not disappointing either. I had intended on going to the specialty restaurants with my wife but we never bothered in the end. If my wife and I were travelling alone I would have used the specialty restaurants once or twice.

WINE PLAN - We didn't get it this time. smallest package is 5 bottles. For only 2 adults we only needed 3 bottles for the whole week and (5 sittings in the dining room). Wine is $30-$50+/per bottle. Only a few are < $35 so expect to pay $40avg. If you're off to a show etc after dinner you're going to get drinks there.

ENTERTAINMENT - Water show, Chicago, Glow Party, Comedy Shows, Blue Planet show are all great and worth seeing.

DISEMBARKMENT - Super fast - All the X-ray machines are on the docks now so there's no screening on the ship itself, you just scan you card and walk through.

CROWDS - There were 5700 passengers on the ship but it never felt crowded. There were people everywhere but everyone was never in one place. Never had a problem finding a lounge chair, again busy but not overcrowded.

Publication Date: 02/23/14