Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Luvnlyfagain

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Luvnlyfagain
Brilliance of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: Luvnlyfagain
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
1st cruise with RCCI - good but not great

Embarkation was a breeze. We stayed in Tampa the night before our cruise so we arrived at the terminal early. We were checked in and ready to board by 10:30.

My 10 year old son loves to explore so we checked out the entire ship. Grabbed a quick drink and a bite to eat in the Windjammer and headed to our room as it was ready by 1:30. Our cabin was nicely appointed. The newly refurbished Brilliance is a beautiful ship. Some areas still show aging but nothing major, mostly carpeting. I loved the open areas and the glass elevators overlooking the sea. When I'm on a cruise I prefer to see the beautiful landscapes as opposed to "boardwalk" areas but that is just my preference.

The entertainment was good, not great. The solo guitarist (can't remember his name) was fantastic! The centrum area is crowded during shows and needs more seating.

The food in the Windjammer was average. A few of the dishes were wonderful but most were just ok. We ate in the main dining room 3 of the 5 nights. I'm not a food snob but I had hoped for better. The lobster tail was overcooked and rubbery. Mostly the food was average. Most of the service was very good.

My son absolutely loved the kids program. Kudos to the staff at Adventure Ocean. Overall a very good trip!

Publication Date: 02/22/14
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

More Brilliance of the Seas Reviews