Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Luvnlyfagain: 1st cruise with RCCI - good but not great

Brilliance of the Seas 4
Luvnlyfagain
Member Since 2013
33 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

1st cruise with RCCI - good but not great

Sail Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

Embarkation was a breeze. We stayed in Tampa the night before our cruise so we arrived at the terminal early. We were checked in and ready to board by 10:30.

My 10 year old son loves to explore so we checked out the entire ship. Grabbed a quick drink and a bite to eat in the Windjammer and headed to our room as it was ready by 1:30. Our cabin was nicely appointed. The newly refurbished Brilliance is a beautiful ship. Some areas still show aging but nothing major, mostly carpeting. I loved the open areas and the glass elevators overlooking the sea. When I'm on a cruise I prefer to see the beautiful landscapes as opposed to "boardwalk" areas but that is just my preference.

The entertainment was good, not great. The solo guitarist (can't remember his name) was fantastic! The centrum area is crowded during shows and needs more seating.

The food in the Windjammer was average. A few of the dishes were wonderful but most were just ok. We ate in the main dining room More 3 of the 5 nights. I'm not a food snob but I had hoped for better. The lobster tail was overcooked and rubbery. Mostly the food was average. Most of the service was very good.

My son absolutely loved the kids program. Kudos to the staff at Adventure Ocean. Overall a very good trip! Less

Published 02/22/14

Read more Brilliance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Brilliance of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 4044

Plenty of storage. The bed was not very comfortable and kept coming apart in the middle. The pullman was fine for my son but every time he moved and bumped the wall it would make a loud bang.

Luvnlyfagain