Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by paulscruisin: First Time RCI - Leaving Disappointed Where is the WOW??

paulscruisin
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

First Time RCI - Leaving Disappointed Where is the WOW??

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Below please find my first review. Normally, I just stalk everyone else's reviews, but I felt the need to memorialize for the benefit of others (and myself). We have cruised on Carnival and Celebrity a total of five times (2 x Carnival and 3 x Celebrity).

We live in FL, so we drove over to Port Canaveral, in the morning. Parking was easy in the parking garage, adjacent to the ship. It might have been cheaper to park remotely - but when you add the additional time and tipping of drivers, it was only $10 more!

A quick walk to the luggage porters and then inside we went. It must have been 10:30 am when we checked-in and no later than 11:00 am we were on board. One of the easiest check-ins but I must say I was expecting WOW - but never got it. There were plenty of welcome to RCI, first-time cruising with us opportunities but none were taken. What a loss... Who knew it would be foreshadowing....

Once on board we picked up a cocktail and started exploring. The More ship looked good for it's age and use. I have read plenty of reviews and take them as they are - just opinions. The poolside lounge chairs were in great condition. We hit Park Café for a roast beef sandwich which was truly a highlight!!

Having read plenty of reviews, we stopped by the Shore excursion desk to reserve our cabana in Coco Cay. While I was second on the list and did get the cabana I wanted, I am not sure why we had to be on a waiting list?? There is probably a reason, but none was explained to me and having to come back at 5:15 pm took the WOW away!!

1:15 pm and we were cleared to go to our cabin. 7668 is an aft JS. We love the aft cabin. We have had others and will have them again. Granted it had a little more room than a standard balcony. But to call them JS - but not provide any of the benefits of a S?? Again, loosing the WOW factor. Oh and by the way, there was a sewer smell in the bathroom. I read about the possibility, prepared for it and with the help of an air freshener would have been OK. Except, the toilet overflowed on day 2. More on that later.

Off to the Muster drill and then sail away. Fun enough. The drinks were good and plentiful. We stopped by to make dinner reservations. We love Any Time/My Time Dining. We don't want to be tied to a particular time. That is why we always pick My Time. So when we tried for 6:45 pm reservations, we were told no! 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm reservations, only??? My Time - No Your Time!! Of course we could just show up and wait - if we wanted... The WOW looses again.

Supper was delicious. Our server Salvio and a girl from Chile (sorry I can't remember her name) were great. We did not feel rushed nor abandoned. Just right. OK maybe a little WOW.

Off to the show. Let's just say it was pathetic! The singers were fair, the song selections were horrible and the choreography was amateur. From the cruise line that brings you Chicago, I was expecting more. WOW looses, again...

Sleep came easy and the next day in Coco Cay was a highlight. Nothing but positive all day long!! Supper again was delicious and this evening was the magician who was great!! Things are starting to look up, right??

5:30 am on Day 3 the toilet did not flush and started to over flow.... I dammed up the floor so it headed towards the drain instead of the door and called for help. 15 minutes later there was a maintenance man. He had to wake up our neighbors (adjoining plumbing) to gain access and clear the clog. 15 minutes later a man with the cleaning solution showed up, everything was cleaned, sanitized and towels replaced. OK, it happens. I will concede that this might have happened at home too ( I doubt it but I am on vacation). The front line people were very accommodating and performed well...No follow up from the front desk. I did not complain - I just wanted my vacation... No WOW.

Next day in Nassau was nice. Headed back to the ship and cooled down in the pool. More cocktails and then to supper. Again it was delicious and the service was great. We went to the show and it was as bad as the first night. No change No WOW, again.

6:00 am on day 4, the toilet stopped working!! This time I am furious. My wife calls and they say it will take 30 minutes to get somebody to address our problem. She explains this will be unacceptable and asks for a manager. Just then there is a knock at the door and the same maintenance man is back again. Of course he has to wake the neighbor to fix the problem. Fix it really?? It is funny, but I am getting mad all over again - just writing this review. Oh well, we are at sea - heading home and I need to go to a public restroom.... Definitely no WOW.

Day 4 is at sea. A quiet day, considering how the day started. The meals were good and I avoided the show.

We self embarked. It was simple and easy. All things considered, I will be sticking with Celebrity, from here on out! Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>