Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by mageemae: Disappointed with Carnival

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Disappointed with Carnival

Sail Date: February 2014

Just back from our cruise on the Liberty, The ship itself is beautiful, some of the staff were excellent,some not so! Our cabin steward DeDang was the best, he was always friendly and helpful.

We sailed the Western Caribbean, Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay & Caymen Island. this was my 8th cruise with Carnival and my boyfriends first, we sailed with another couple who has also sailed with carnival 9 times. We had FTTF and everything went smooth at check in and we were on the ship by 11 am our luggage wasn't delivered though for like 2 hours after we boarded.

This will probably be my last cruise on Carnival,and also the couple we sailed with, there have been too many changes and in MY OPINION not for the good.

First of all I will probably get FLAMED from all the NON-Smokers,but to put us on deck 10 where it is so windy and our hot ashes blowing all over the ship is so stupid, when they talk about fire being the worst thing to happen on a cruise ship,at More least when we were allowed to smoke on the Lido deck the windows were there to shield most of the wind,resulting in a lot fewer hot ashes from flying around! Also there weren't enough ashtrays,or places to sit where there were ashtrays,we felt like we were being punished because we smoke! I mean to be treated like we had some sort of contagious disease, we really felt we were being treated unfairly! We paid for our cruise just like the NON-smokers we deserve to be treated like everyone else! the service on deck 10 was really slowwwww, it took 20-30 minutes to get a drink after you ordered it, maybe they don't like us smokers either????

The server we had in the MDD was not very good at all, We ate there only once because we had such a bad experience, by the time we got served our food(if that's what you want to call it) was cold & tasteless! worst dining I have ever had on a Carnival ship! Our waiter rushed us through the ordering,wouldn't give us what we wanted said that what we wanted wasn't on the menu! I was SHOCKED! since I knew you could get whatever you would like to eat whether it was on the menu or not! We were never asked if we wanted anything to drink with our meal,IE coffee, milk, or wine, it was just unacceptable!

As far as the new menu's go I didn't care for it at all. We ate the rest of our meals on the Lido deck, and the buffetts, Didn't care for much of the choices on the buffetts either, everything was so limited. A lot of changes there also,and not for the better!

our cabin was nice we had a balcony room on the empress deck (7), the only change that I noticed was there was no Ice bucket in the room,I later found out from our room steward that you had to request one.

All week I kept wondering if it was just the Liberty that had all these weird changes or are all the ships like this? I was really disappointed in this cruise!! If all these changes are fleet wide I will not be back! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>