Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by R Gibson: Wonderful Cruise

Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Wonderful Cruise

Sail Date: February 2014

First let me start off by saying that I typically do take the time to write a review, but when planning our cruise I found it very helpful to read some of the I'm hoping to help future cruisers.

We had a wonderful cruise. We (my sister, mother and myself) found the ship to be very clean, all of the staff from our room attendant (Chris) to our dining room waiter (Shawn) and asst. waiter (Shelley) were very friendly and accommodating. We opted to go with the "My Time" dining to have some flexibility, this was a GREAT decision. We pre-booked all of the evening entertainment, this way we were able to see all of the shows on our schedule. Most of the entertainment was amazing. When choosing your cabin, we selected an inside balcony (8729) which was great to be able to view the water from our balcony along with the shows at the Aqua theatre. I will caution you that it was very noisy when there was anything scheduled at the Aqua theatre. This was the only downside to More having our cabin location. Other than the noise I would choose this room again. Before I move on to the ports that we visited, I will say take advantage of the "complimentary" places to eat. The list of these restaurants can be found on the RC website. If you eat at the Windjammer and dining hall everyday you will quickly get bored with the menu.

When we arrived at Bahamas, Nassau, we went on a dolphin excursion "Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounters". Where this was one of the more expensive dolphin excursions ($215/person) it was definitely worth it. The groups were small and you had a lot of one on one time with the dolphins. And the prices for photos/video is reasonable. When we arrived at St. Thomas we opted not to take the taxi into the city to shop....therefore the shopping was not that good. When we arrived at St. Maarten, which is absolutely gorgeous, we took a water taxi for a cost of $7 (unlimited trips back and forth). The shopping was very good. With traveling with our mother, we were mindful on the number of excursions that we took.

All in all we had a wonderful experience and look forward to the next cruise.

Even with the size of the ship we found it easy to navigate. Less

Published 02/21/14

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 8729

View was great. Level of noise high when entertainment was scheduled at the Aqua Theatre. If you plan on turning in early, I would not suggest choosing this cabin.

Dolphin Encounter

Exceptional. Staff was very friendly & knowledgeable. Lots of one on one time with the dolphins. Definitely worth the money.

Take a water taxi for $7 round trip whether you plan on using the beach, enjoying the food or shopping in the city.

Do not plan on shopping at the port. Take a taxi into the city or plan an excursion.

Read 3439 St. Thomas Reviews

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

R Gibson
Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X