Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by R Gibson

Cruise Date: February 2014
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Wonderful Cruise

First let me start off by saying that I typically do take the time to write a review, but when planning our cruise I found it very helpful to read some of the reviews....so I'm hoping to help future cruisers.

We had a wonderful cruise. We (my sister, mother and myself) found the ship to be very clean, all of the staff from our room attendant (Chris) to our dining room waiter (Shawn) and asst. waiter (Shelley) were very friendly and accommodating. We opted to go with the "My Time" dining to have some flexibility, this was a GREAT decision. We pre-booked all of the evening entertainment, this way we were able to see all of the shows on our schedule. Most of the entertainment was amazing. When choosing your cabin, we selected an inside balcony (8729) which was great to be able to view the water from our balcony along with the shows at the Aqua theatre. I will caution you that it was very noisy when there was anything scheduled at the Aqua theatre. This was the only downside to having our cabin location. Other than the noise I would choose this room again. Before I move on to the ports that we visited, I will say take advantage of the "complimentary" places to eat. The list of these restaurants can be found on the RC website. If you eat at the Windjammer and dining hall everyday you will quickly get bored with the menu.

When we arrived at Bahamas, Nassau, we went on a dolphin excursion "Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounters". Where this was one of the more expensive dolphin excursions ($215/person) it was definitely worth it. The groups were small and you had a lot of one on one time with the dolphins. And the prices for photos/video is reasonable. When we arrived at St. Thomas we opted not to take the taxi into the city to shop....therefore the shopping was not that good. When we arrived at St. Maarten, which is absolutely gorgeous, we took a water taxi for a cost of $7 (unlimited trips back and forth). The shopping was very good. With traveling with our mother, we were mindful on the number of excursions that we took.

All in all we had a wonderful experience and look forward to the next cruise.

Even with the size of the ship we found it easy to navigate.

Publication Date: 02/21/14