Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by SFloridian: Good time but beware of drink package issues

SFloridian

Public Rooms Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Bahamas Cruises

Good time but beware of drink package issues

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas

We sailed 1/30 and had the classic drink package which was a bonus when booking our cruise. Anticipating issues with it, since there were no specifics written on the Celebrity website, I contacted a Celebrity representative by e-mail prior to sailing to get specs on what kind of water I would be allowed. I was told there was a sparkling water by the name "San Benedetto" ( I believe that was spelling), and I asked her to e-mail this as a confirmation. (since I am not a big alcohol drinker-and wanted to have this with dinner)

Sure enough when on the ship after the first bartender said they did not get a shipment of that water, and he would substitute Pellagrino, no one wanted to give us the Pellagrino as a sub. At dinner, there was a whole fiasco from our head waiter that he could not give me sparkling water. So I went to guest relations and they told me they contacted the bartenders and wait staff and there would be no problem-they would sub Pellagrino instead of the other More (which is only a few cents less a bottle anyway!)

So the next day my husband tries to get me Pellagrino at the pool bar, they refuse and it's a whole embarrassing fiasco again.

Well....the only way they were able to solve this sparkling water issue was to upgrade us to the Premium beverage plan. So at least I got my water. lol.

Unfortunately, after this my brand new sneakers with custom orthotics were stolen under a lounge chair. Apparently there was a camera and I was to meet with the head of security at an appointed time (5:30-our dinner was at 6) and he never showed up., Then he was called and sent someone else who I filled out a report with the day before-who said there was no news. Yet the pool person said they returned them to guest relations the night before. A total mess. So I found myself looking at everyone's feet and obsessed with finding the thief! lol!

Anyway, aside form these issues, we had a better time on this ship than the Century and Millenium. There was a guy named Derek in Michaels pub who did an karaoke that was fun, and the juggler and magician were top notch.

Cabin was good-concierge level veranda.

Be aware that on the back of the 9th deck there is the overhang of the restaurant above, so there are metal braces that you will see on your veranda, and a long overhang so you won't get any sun.

Also, if you can get the port side because usually you will not have a ship next to you and a nice view of Nicolas cage's home!

Food was better on the Solstice (SP).

We do this cruise every year because we like a Th-Sunday cruise not having to miss an entire week of work. We live in S. Florida.

Key West at this point is a big bore and so shopping in Nassau.

We've done it 3 times already. The alternative is Cozumel-done that a few times as well.

Hopefully other cruise ships will do a Th-Sun cruise so we can try other ships. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>