“No dream this was a nightmare !!!!”
Cruise review of Thomson Dream

tinastanier Thomson Dream 1 No dream this was a nightmare !!!!
tinastanier
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

I have cruised many times before and previously with thomsons, we booked this Xmas cruise basically because it was affordable with it being Xmas , quite frankly it would have been cheaper and better if we had gone with one of the leading cruise lines. We were charged for a safe. Never have I known this on a cruise ship. The buffet dining was rediculous, I know Brits are very good at queuing but long lines of queues because the buffet is so disorganised, same queue for the hot and cold food instead of separating them, so that people who just want salad etc are not having to wait in long lines.

The entertainment was less than mediocre, same band on all the time , so if you hadn't had enough of them all day, they were on again every night as well.

We paid £800 for the drinks package which was a rip off, having to pay extra if you wanted a decent rum, in the Caribbean for gods sake. The ship sold bottles of spirits on board which they stated you couldn't drink on board but everyone was taking them into the lounges to drink, how annoying when you have paid all that money and quite frankly were treated like 2 nd class because you couldn't have a can of soft drink, and I was told that I couldn't have two ports in one glass???? Cheaper to buy the bottles on ship £6.90 and buy cans of mixers, could have had a cheap holiday for the price of the drinks package

They now also charge for you to have a decent seat in the theatre £ 9.99 ridiculous !!!!

Xmas day was a farce, no entertainment, no celebrations, didn't get .xmas dinner till 9.30 at night and waited 2 hours till desert which we gave up on. Definitely go with princess or p& o next time.

Overall Ratings
Published 02/21/14
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Thomson Dream Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?