Diamond Princess Cruise Review by JMR_46: Amazing Cruise Vacation

Amazing Cruise Vacation

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Auckland

My husband and I had an amazing vacation on the Diamond Princes. A week or so before our cruise, we were notified that the Norovirus had struck about 60 passengers on the ship and that a full cleaning of the ship would take place before we embarked. That was probably a blessing, as when we embarked, we were impressed on how many "Prell" dispensers were around and as our vacation began, we were happy to see that the crew was dishing out our meals at the buffet. Great start to solving the spread of disease. Good prevention measure. Prell dispenses for everyone to use as plates and silverware were handed to us individually by a crew member.

I will not go into great detail as to our everyday activities, as cruising to us is the ideal vacation, and we take advantage of all the ship has to offer.

We met some wonderful people. We were treated with the utmost respect and kindness by every single crew member, and were given updates as needed as far as time, weather, ports, More etc.

One of the things that really impressed us was the decision the Captain made to avoid a storm at sea and as a result, we missed a port, but in the end, we sailed with the least impact from the storm as possible. Even traveling 150 miles north of the storm, we had 27 foot swells, so we could only imagine had we hit the storm head on. I did feel ill after dinner, but never actually got sick. People all around were so helpful and suggested we call Medical. We did and the came to our room immediately. Turned out I was suffering from Vertigo, and lying down took care of it all. But the response was amazing and I greatly appreciated it.

The big screen TV on deck was one of my favorite things, as well as the Casino. We enjoyed Bingo, but I was a bit disappointed when the next number that would have been called had not someone won the $2200 jackpot would have been mine, and the fact that my husband lost a $500 tournament by one chip, but the fun of the games and the entertainment by the crew was wonderful.

The atrium entertainment was relaxing and we loved every minute we spent there.

Of course, pictures and internet are there to make money, however, I think they were a bit overpriced. I believe that lower the price, sell more, make more, but that is just our opinion.

All in all, we were thrilled with our vacation, with the activities on the Diamond Princess, the food was sensational, the service divine and we would not hesitate to book with Princess for our next cruise.

Our room steward was the kinds, friendlies young man and showed concern when I was not feeling well. He was so pleasant and the room was kept spotless all the time thanks to him. Less

Read more Diamond Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Diamond Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Diamond Princess E622

Room was great. Spacious with enough room for our clothing and luggage and we did not regret getting the obstructed view room as if we want to see out, we go out on the deck anyway. The window gave us plenty of light and we were happy with the size for the price. Mattresses were ok, though I have had better on another cruise line.