Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by SEALOVER226: Family cruise

Family cruise

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

We took three vehicles to get eleven people to the ship. My wife and myself made this everyone's Christmas present. Going on the cruise with us was my oldest son, wife and three year daughter. In the next cabin was my other so , girl friend and five year old daughter and the last cabin had my mother in-law, her grand daughter and great granddaughter age thirteen. They all had inside cabins. My wife and myself had a suite. We ate at chops one night and took everybody to guava is table one night. All the other nights we all ate in the main dining room. The food and service were good in the main dining room. Taking care of this family was a challenge for servers as many have picky taste. The specialty restaurants were excellent in both quality and service.

All of the kids used the kids programs and everyone was happy with the activities and the way coucileors worked with the kids. Activities for everyone else seemed lacking on this ship. My wife and myself are almost diamond and More this is the smallest ship we have been on in years after doing Oasis and Allure the last two years. Entertainment was average at best. We expected this with the smaller ship.

Stateroom was always clean, but never saw room steward except on the last two days. I had to write him notes as to what we needed or wanted.

Getting on and off the ship was easy. Overall the trip was enjoyable and enjoyed being around the little ones. Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Relaxing day on the beach. Kids played in the water park.

Read 217 CocoCay Reviews

City Trolley / Conch Train Tour

(5)

We all took the conch train tour and enjoyed it very much. Third trip to key west and the first time doing this and wonder why we never did this before.

We just walked around town for a while. Not one of our favorite ports.

Read 2607 Nassau Reviews

Airboat Tour

(5)

Eleven family members went on this and we had a good time. We all tried alligator tail. The grand kids all held alligators, snakes, monkeys and possum. Ages were eighty to three years old.