MSC Armonia Cruise Review by Reggiemental

Member Name: Reggiemental
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Tenerife
Destination: Canary Islands
See More About: MSC Armonia Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Armonia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Armonia Deck Plans
Would we do it again? Definately....

We booked for the 7th to 14th Feb 2014 cruise embarking in Tenerife. The itinerary included two further Islands in the Canaries and also Casablanca and Agadir. First impressions of the ship were very pleasing everything looked immaculate and very classy, we have cruised before with Holland America line and was not expecting anywhere near the same standard but were pleasantly surprised, we had inside cabins on Deck 8 and they were more than adequate, all of the staff from every department were excellent and it was always service with a smile, the food was excellent as were all the evening shows in the theatre.

The entertainment team seemed to have a knack of being everywhere at the same time working tirelessly to keep everyone laughing ensuring none of the single people on board felt left out particularly at the dancing areas, we had a slight change to our itinerary due to a severe weather warning which meant we had our visit to Agadir amended to a day in Fuerteventura instead, the captain was very apologetic about it but I would rather that than suffer 30 feet swells just to say I had been to Agadir.

Like some other readers I was a bit concerned about the amount of negative reviews I had read about this ship so I kept an open mind and I can honestly say I did not find a single thing that I could criticise about our cruise and I would definitely recommend it to anyone considering this week in the sun.

We got this cruise at a very good price and was not expecting much for our money but MSC certainly impressed us. The only small things I would comment on are that the excursions are very expensive as are the drinks on board, if you study the drinks package deals before you go you will definitely find something that suits your needs, the excursions can be found very much cheaper on shore and most of the local taxis will do the same tour for a fraction of the price.

Would we go again?.......Definately.

Publication Date: 02/18/14