Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by Bean Pole

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by Bean Pole
Thomson Celebration
Thomson Celebration
Member Name: Bean Pole
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Tenerife
Destination: Canary Islands
See More About: Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Celebration Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Celebration Deck Plans
Gone Down Bank

I have never done a review before so this is a short version of what I wanted to say.

We travelled as 2 couples and as we had been on the Celebration 18 months ago and really enjoyed it. We had recommend it to our friends and they decided to join us for a week. Well what a big and I mean big change and let down from our previous cruise! I was expecting it to be better as it is now Platinum but felt really embarrassed as the week went on.

The cabins did look a little better for the refurbishment but this was the only good part to the ship. We tried the Meridian waiter service restaurant, the service and food was very poor and not a patch on 18 months ago. The Lido buffet was no better but after me praising the ship before we went, my face was getting redder?

The service was really bad as there seemed to be no staff around to service us ( apart from the cabin staff )who did a brilliant job. Well I could go on but I just wanted to warn anyone like me who as been on her before be ready for a fall. Our friends felt that it was not to bad but it was there first time on this ship ( think they knew I was up set with the whole cruise).

Thomson did not do a bad job will the cabins but this was resulting in major cut backs in Food and Service. I think this might be robbing Jack to feed Paul and does not work!

Publication Date: 02/17/14
More Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Thomson Celebration review Read the next Thomson Celebration review

More Thomson Celebration Reviews