Crown Princess Cruise Review by summersbreeze: Standards are slipping

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Standards are slipping

Sail Date: January 2014

I took a group aboard the Crown and we were disappointed in how much the service has gone down in just a year (the group was on this ship last winter too.)

Food was warm not hot. Service was slow. Orders were mixed up and some never got serving they had ordered.

The first night we had a table with eight squeezed into a table for six. The chairs had arms on them so I couldn't get my chair close to the table and had to sit on the edge of the chair.

After speaking with the Maitre'd we were moved the next night, after his telling me it was "impossible"

The room steward wasn't much better. Whenever I asked for something, it never arrived.

Much to my surprise they no longer offer dry-cleaning. I had packed lightly thinking I could have an couple of things cleaned mid-cruise and stretch my wardrobe. I was advised by the room steward to not use their "professional cleaning" as they just toss it into a hot washer and hot dryer and the clothes would More be ruined.

It's unfortunate that we're booked on the Royal for 28-days in April and I am hearing a lot of complaints about that ship too.

Princess went "down the tubes" years ago but we had been pleasantly surprised that their level of service and quality of food had improved significantly but they seem on a downhill slide once again.

Letters to Princess are ignored.

Our flights on our next cruise were booked through Princess and it's been a nightmare. So far, two of the flights don't even exist!

This may be our last cruise with them. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess C727

Standard cabin. Bed was really hard but when we asked for a mattress pad that did help a bit. Pillows were horrible!! So old. One like a rock and the other so thin, no support. Take your own!