Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by daffydawn4: Great long weekend getaway

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Great long weekend getaway

Sail Date: February 2014

I've been on 4 other cruises with Royal and have loved them all. (9 cruises total, w/Carnival, NCL & Celebrity) This one was no different. I was a solo traveler and took the shorter cruise assuming I'd get bored being by myself, but I was WRONG! I wish I had taken a 7 day cruise.

I got to the port at 10:30 and being a Platinum member, used the VIP line. Once they opened the doors, I was taken immediately and ushered to the waiting area. They opened the doors about 11:15 and I was on my vacation! I headed right to the buffet, which wasn't crowded yet, and got some food. After that I found a seat in the sun by the pool and stayed there for about 3 hours until it started getting crowded. My room was ready by then, so I went to unpack. I had a balcony room on the 6th floor and it was perfect. The shower was really small, but that's no surprise.

While on the ship I saw the In The Air and Encore shows. They were both fantastic.

In Cozumel, I booked an More excursion through the ship to Playa Mia. It's basically an all-inclusive resort day without the resort. The staff there was wonderful and the food/drinks were great. I would go again. Totally worth it.

The food was OK. I didn't eat in the dining room, but I did go to Chops one night. The food was really good, even though my steak was a bit overdone. The buffet was fine. Breakfast was the best, but I always found something to eat each time I went. Everyone seemed to like the Pizza, but being a NYer, it looked and tasted like Domino's, so it wasn't my favorite.

Disembarking the ship was the worst part of the whole cruise. Everyone carrying their bags off took forever and my 8:15am departure time became 9:30am. For such a large cruise, there should be limits to how many people can carry off. Luckily, once we were called, the process went pretty quickly and I was in a taxi by 10am.

All in all a great cruise and i will be booking another one soon! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>