Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by mellygrant

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by mellygrant
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: mellygrant
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Honolulu
Destination: South Pacific
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Beautiful ship, wonderful time.

I cruised on the Millennium for a Transpacific cruise that departed Honolulu at the end of October 2013. I can't talk highly enough about this ship. Absolutely loved dining in the main dining room, the quality and variety of food was fantastic. Wait staff were attentive and friendly.

We ate twice in the Olympic restaurant (divine!) and I celebrated my 40th birthday on the last night of our cruise and we chose Qsine (which my children absolutely loved). We travelled with our 3 children aged 9, 16 and 17 years. Although the ship was a floating nursing home due to the duration and time of the year, my children still had a great time and loved the shows in the theatre (in particular Joka and Maria and the comedians). My 9 year old loved the kids club, not wanting to swim in the pool but instead rush back to the kids club to finish playing Monopoly. The staff in the kids club were wonderful and attentive, allowing me to relax and enjoy my cruise with hubby.

The martini bar was great, very entertaining late at night. We loved watching people dance in the bar areas.

Hamburgers in the pool area are a must, so yummy, don't miss them! The gym was great for a workout, plenty of equipment and great views at the front of the ship.

My only criticism of this cruise was the day spa. I found it ridiculously overpriced (I knew it would be expensive but not THAT expensive), the quality of my massage was not very good, the spa had the kids club above it, so not much peace and quiet hearing kids running around. To add injury to insult, my therapist cut my massage short by 15 minutes and when I asked her why she denied it and said I was mistaken (I was not).

All in all, I think a cruise is what you make it. I've read other reviews where people have complained about ridiculous things, I think I can spot those people on cruises, they are the ones who never look happy. My advice is keep and open mind, you are on holidays, don't let the little things bother you, life is never perfect. In saying that, there really was nothing to complain about on the Millennium, great cruise , beautiful ports (Bora Bora and Moorea were AMAZING), tenders were well organised, staff very friendly. I'd cruise the Millennium again in a heartbeat and I was certainly impressed with Celebrity overall (I've previously cruise with Royal Caribbean).

Publication Date: 02/15/14