“Better than expected! ”
Cruise review of Carnival Conquest

Shelli F Carnival Conquest 5 Better than expected!
Shelli F
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I am normally very careful of how much thought I put into reviews. However, prior to my departure on the Conquest, I found myself drawn to comments (mostly all negative). I wondered, how Carnival could have gone down hill since my last cruise. (This was my 11th cruise, 4th on Carnival).

I found the ship to be in good shape and very clean. Spa staff - Briggette, Mariflora and Natalie were helpful and provided good services. Patrick our cabin steward was one of the best! We enjoyed the many food options/venues. Even though the entertainment has changed drastically from the traditional nightly "Broadway" themed shows, we found the family friendly comedy, Hasbro Game all to be just as fun and entertaining. (I was traveling with a 17 year old and a 12 year old.)

The dinner menu, I felt offered more than in the past - with the "everyday options" and then the additional menu that changed daily. If you are in the Monet Dining room - table 537, sometimes the service seemed a little slow - but it wasn't horrible.

Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

2251
Forgot how much I liked the quiet of a lower deck away from heavy traffic areas.

Margaritaville

We rented a Pool Cabana at Margaritaville and it was money well spent. Lots of space to move about. No shortage of chairs and wait staff was very attentive.

Jet Boat Ride

We had a private speed boat with a Captain and first mate. Took us to several great snorkeling spots and over to St. Johns for lunch. Highly recommend them!

Published 02/15/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Conquest Review
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?