Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Shelli F: Better than expected!

Carnival Conquest 5
Shelli F
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Better than expected!

Sail Date: February 2014

I am normally very careful of how much thought I put into reviews. However, prior to my departure on the Conquest, I found myself drawn to comments (mostly all negative). I wondered, how Carnival could have gone down hill since my last cruise. (This was my 11th cruise, 4th on Carnival).

I found the ship to be in good shape and very clean. Spa staff - Briggette, Mariflora and Natalie were helpful and provided good services. Patrick our cabin steward was one of the best! We enjoyed the many food options/venues. Even though the entertainment has changed drastically from the traditional nightly "Broadway" themed shows, we found the family friendly comedy, Hasbro Game all to be just as fun and entertaining. (I was traveling with a 17 year old and a 12 year old.)

The dinner menu, I felt offered more than in the past - with the "everyday options" and then the additional menu that changed daily. If you are in the Monet Dining room - table 537, sometimes the service seemed a More little slow - but it wasn't horrible. Less

Published 02/15/14

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 2251

Forgot how much I liked the quiet of a lower deck away from heavy traffic areas.

Margaritaville

We rented a Pool Cabana at Margaritaville and it was money well spent. Lots of space to move about. No shortage of chairs and wait staff was very attentive.

Canopy Zipline

Had a great time! Highly recommend the El Yunquie Rainforest Zip line tour.

Jet Boat Ride

We had a private speed boat with a Captain and first mate. Took us to several great snorkeling spots and over to St. Johns for lunch. Highly recommend them!

Snorkeling

Our boat captain provided us with some great snorkel stops!

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Shelli F
Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X