Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by 50Cruising: Disappointed in Royal Caribbean

50Cruising
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Disappointed in Royal Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Cozumel

First a little about my cruise background – this is my third cruise. The first was on Norwegian Spirit in 2011, Carnival Magic in 2013 and now Navigator of the Seas – Feb 2014. I was traveling with a group of entertainers for a jazz/blues/r&b cruise organized by a group of travel agents.

From the time we arrived on the recently out of dry dock Navigator of the Seas, it was a communications nightmare with RC. When I checked in online, it clearly stated our cabin beds were to be set apart but they weren't, even though three people would be sleeping in the cabin. The toilet had dried urine on the seat. Disgusting! It took forever to get the cabin attendant to get the bathroom cleaned, the beds set apart, and to let the top bunk down. My luggage didn't arrive until after 9:00 pm so I didn't get to shower/change before going to dinner. The carpet in the cabin hallways was of poor quality because it always needed to be vacuumed.

The food was just okay, More nothing special or delicious. Due to fog, we were not able to get to the port to dock. Finally, around 2:00 pm, the captain said we were being towed in by tug boats so we could at least disembark. We were finally able to disembark around 5:00 pm. People had been sitting in the terminal waiting all day to board to then find out that they wouldn't be sailing out that night due to the fog. On top of that, my Kindle was stolen by the cabin attendant and my cabin mate had her charger stolen too. I guess he thought her charger would work on my Kindle. Not a good first impression with Royal Caribbean. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>