Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by CruiseSuzie: My FIRST CRUISE with RC

Overall Member Rating

My FIRST CRUISE with RC

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Background: I have had two other cruises both with Carnival. This was my first Royal Carribean Cruise. I live in Indiana where we have had an extremely cold winter so I was really looking forward to this cruise to the Bahamas:

We had a pleasant trip by car and stayed at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach which was a few minutes drive to the port.

Embarkation: This went very smoothly for us. we arrived about 45 minutes before time to load on the boat which helped get a decent parking place. I have problems with my legs and a close parking space really came in handy especially at the end of the cruise. The port staff was very friendly and helpful. TIP for the Embarkation Process: If you are married/divorced female and you DON'T have a passport have a copy of your marriage license. It shows why your name changed from your maiden name. I hadn't been married in many years and of course didn't have a copy with me. The lady at the counter was very kind and said not to worry More they would let me on the boat but just to know in the future I would need that or my passport, Also make sure your birth certificate is a Certified copy from the health department and not a copy from the hospital. My brother and another lady in our group both had trouble.

Dining: We had our first two evening meals in the My Fair Lady Dining Room. The rolls were hard as rocks! We did not care for the food there. The Windjammer is where we had the majority of our meals and the food was pretty decent.

Disembarkation: We did the self carry disembarkation which means you carry ALL of your luggage off the boat which is great because you get off the boat first. However you will not have any help so make sure you can do it. We had more than we could handle but thank The Lord we had friends who helped Less

Published 02/14/14

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: 7570

The room was a lot smaller than the ones I've been on on the Carnival ships, There were three people in our cabin and with our luggage it was a challenge to maneuver around each other/ We loved having a balcony though. We didn't mind the tight quarters so much because we were not there a lot of the time. Our cabin steward was FANTASTIC in keeping our room so clean and neat especially with such a small room and all the stuff to work around. We left her a well deserved extra tip she was that good! Dining: We had our first two evening meals in the My Fair Lady Dining room. Truth is we didn't much care for the food there. Every type of bread/roll we had was as hard as a rock. You could of used them for baseball practice. It was fun trying new foods but it just wasn't all that great. The waiter was very efficient and friendly but we just didn't like the food.

CruiseSuzie
Member Since 2014
0 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X