Royal Princess Cruise Review by christee52: Not All Bad

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Not All Bad

Sail Date: February 2014

Pros: the ship was new and clean. Loved the bathroom, larger shower, sink was large and there seem to be more vanity room.

Loved the balcony, we had a bumped out balcony and although it was not huge, it was fine for two people.

Enjoyed the new tvs and the new programming. Certainly appreciated the movies you could watch when you were tired and just wanted some quiet time in the bed.

Loved the room service. For once the coffee was hot.

Our attendent always had our room cleaned and ready when we came back from our day, and again very clean and tidy when we came back for the evening.

No complaints with any of the service staff. All A1.

The marriage Game was excellent. They need more of those types of activities.

Disembarking was easy.

Crowded elevators but not anymore than other ships.

Food in the anytime dining was excellent. Also was the hamburgers at the pool. We have always loved those hamburgers and More french fries.

Cons: Hated, hated, hated that they had no transportation to the end of the piers. For older folks walking an 1/2 mile or more is not what I call good service. There should have been some type of transportation to customers who do not or can not walk as far as we had to at St Thomas and in St Martin. I will certainly think twice about going to those islands again.

Pools and pool area. Something has to be done about the saving of chairs at the pool area. I did not sit at the pool once in 7 days. We could not find a chair. Maybe a reservation system? I thought there should be more pools.

Please quit trying to take my pictures. I hate that. Once at the port when you get aboard the ship is adequate. For people who want more pictures then they should be able to pick and choose their own time not be harassed by photographers at every dinner and activity.

Horizon Court's food was adequate, but the last few days seem to be leftovers made a new way.

I will certainly sail with Princess again, but maybe not on the Royal. Less

Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Royal Princess D421

Loved this cabin, larger balcony, and near the elevators. It was quiet, but I don't think there was any children near us and the others were older.

Everglades Tour

(1)

Terrible tour. Air boat ride was beyond stupid. Trash was everywhere. No alligators in the lagoon except a dead one. We did not go very far, could see the dock that we left from everywhere we went. They rushed us, only 1/2 hour tour. No lecture about the alligators, could have use some info about the life of an alligator or something except telling us we had to get out of the boat in 1/2 hour and go to an alligator show. I could not walk down the hill to the show because I would never have gotton back up, no steps! The girl at the top of the entrance told me they were going to do some work on the hill. hmmmmm. The best part of this tour was the Flamigo Park. Enjoyed it the most. Will never go on this excursion again.

Catamaran Tour

(5)

Better than St Thomas. Guide was excellent.

Island Tour