Carnival Valor Cruise Review by racerxspeedy: Better than I remembered

Better than I remembered

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

2 years ago we sailed the Valor in the Western Caribbean. Now that they offer this ship out of San Juan with 5 stops (at very reasonable rate) I had to jump on the opportunity.

Carnival has much larger outside rooms than RCC and even Princess. The rooms in the corners are huge - if you can find one. You get most of the space from a balcony included inside the room. The upgrade from inside is worth the small cost. The only down side is the fact that the windows are never clean.

The food has not changed over the past 2 years, but since I am easily pleased I have no problem something to make me happy. Yes the lines at the Mongolian BBQ, Pizza ..etc are slow, but the options are nice to have.

The entertainment was better that I remembered, good singers, dancers, and music. Worth seeing, but the final show is the same guest singing disaster. Funny - but not for me.

Dining room was good, but can it can be slow. I've grown use over time and dont mind More relaxing. I usually grab a snack a couple hours prior to dinner.

Carnival has great access to snacks, ICE, beverages, soft serve Ice cream,/Yogurt and rest rooms. Near the pool were they should be! RCC needs to take a lesson here.

The stops were great. We booked Cosol Tours in St Lucia and Thenford Grey Tours in St Kitts. Highly recommended.

Walk into town and take the bus to the beach in St Martin for $2. You can do the same in Barbados, but taxis start at $5 each.

Would not hesitate to do this trip again. Thanks for reading Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>