Carnival Magic Cruise Review by yankeedollar: We Always Enjoy the Magic despite an electrical fire on our deck

yankeedollar
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Bahamas Cruises

We Always Enjoy the Magic despite an electrical fire on our deck

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Galveston

This was our second sail on the Magic and one of many on Carnival, as well as other lines. We had a group of 15 with cabins scattered throughout the ship.

For the first time we booked a spa suite on Deck 11 and are now spoiled. Loved the separate vanity area and the spa tub. We had a couple of wine tastings and there was room for all 15 .

One perk of a suite is priority boarding which still worked out okay despite a departure delay due to some drill the crew was engaged in.

Our room was ready when we boarded,and room steward was great.

Though it's a huge ship, I have always managed to find neat little nooks and crannies to relax without a crowd..

Carnival food is sometimes much maligned, but I have always enjoyed it and never had complaints about the food being cold. I LOVE their pizza. They have tweaked the recipe some and I ate a couple of pieces every day, without fail. Perhaps my palate is not as sophisticated as other cruisers and More therefore I am not burdened by bouts of dissatisfaction..Thus my dining experience, especially in the dining room , was excellent.

My husband took advantage of the deli sandwiches at lunch..

We have been to all the ports several times previously so don't do excursions, but have a blast at the Margaritavilles and Senor Frogs along the way, despite our advanced years.

I saw some online references to a fire on our Jan. 12 cruise. It occurred in Cabin 11240 and got everyone's attention. Some electrical wiring got hot and apparently smoldered. Smoke poured out into the hallway and into the cabin above on Deck 12. Don't know if there was any actual flame. The crew acted quickly, using some kind of foam. I didn't know you could fit that many crew members in a hallway. I was glad to see the quick response.

The smell was acrid, you could tell it was electrical. Hats off to the crew.

Enjoyed the comedy shows, you can choose family rated or more risque shows at a later time.

Debarkation seemed a little crazy at first. I think due to our having to wait about an hour for the Galveston fog to lift and to people who don't or won't follow directions. We got off quickly and had no trouble finding a porter right away. A shuttle bus from Lighthouse Parking was waiting. We always use them because their service and friendliness is top notch.

On the last night of the cruise a Coast Guard helicopter had to come in to pick up an ill individual. I didn't realize the Magic has no heliport. The patient was hoisted into the chopper. Hope they are doing well. . Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>