Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by voneuchre

Member Name: voneuchre
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
No worries, Do not hesitate to book this ship

After reading all the nightmarish reviews of this ship, I thought I was boarding a norovrius septic tank. This is my12th cruise all on carnival, so I know a little about what to expect from carnival overall. I will try to go through all the parts of the ship.

New Orleans Port- Again easy to get in and on the boat by 1130 with no lines.

Interior-Some complained about how they streamlined the ship and used every nook and cranny for profit. I saw a well designed upgrade and had no problem getting around the ship. The Casino i do believe they need to make smokeless, however it was not the gamblers that were smoking up the place it was the cruisers that surrounded the casino bar it created a fog leading into the elevators. other then that i did not see or smell smoke anywhere else on the ship.

Cabins-stayed on the Lido deck so i would be able to get to the places i wanted to quickly, Senerity,Shows, SPA, and the dining. Research your room so that your not one of those complaining about the music from the liquid lounge or elevator noise. I will say my cabin steward was the worst i have had personality wise anyway. The room was cleaned and well done, however talking to him reminded me of talking to the soup nazi. Anyway i really dont care for the personality as long as my room and ice bucket were done twice a day.

Food-Guys burger and the burrito bar were very good. Breakfast burrito in the morning and a guys burger for lunch. Never a line. Went to the regular buffett once, it is very nice and the food was good. Main dining,our waitstaff was awesome, knew our names and want we wanted afater the first night. No complaints in this area.

Pools/senerity deck-Senerity deck was awesome. The pool was constanely being refreshed through a waterfall so it was always cool, never felt bathtub water like othe boats i have been on. The hot tub was actually hot in senerity. The other hot tubs on the lido deck were luck warm due to every kid on the ship were in these. The fun area has all the games you would want from the rope course, slides,ping pong, putt putt, and corn hole.

Entertainment- All the shows were an upgrade from other ships i have been on. The singers were excellant and the new HD/ laser background was great. The room was not too small, always seats available. I think most complaints come from those whoi show up at showtime and expect a floor level seat, not going to happen. I arrived 15 minutes early and never had a problem.

Lido deck shows- these were horrible, they went from the regular nromal music to DJ mixes and scratches. Stayed for about 15 minutes and left. Comedy shows-Again get there 15 minutes early no problem with seats, they do the same shows three times at night so everyone can rotate out. The staff tells you this. On other ships the comics would do a new act each time and would cause crowding and lines. This was good change, shows were great. The piano bar, never been to one but i spent alot of hours in this one, Gary was great and kept everyone entertained.

Debarkation-Best that has ever been. We are platinum so we were able to get off among the first. They had us go to the dining room next to the gangway at 700 and we were off the boat and in the car by 720.

In conclusion-i wish they would keep this boat here, but they are bringing the Dream in the spring, I booked on her for September. The sunshine is the only ship with all the 2.0 upgrades. I noticed the dream does not have guys burgers or burrito bar, bummer.

Publication Date: 02/14/14
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

More Bahamas Cruise Reviews