Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Badin

Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: Badin
Cruise Date: January 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Quite wonderful aboard the Eclipse

WE had a very good time and experience aboard the Celebrity Eclipse. We sailed from Fort Lauderdale on January 25th for a 14 night Southern Caribbean Cruise. This trip included 8 ports ( some we had never been to) and 5 at sea days!

Our balcony cabin ( on the 8th floor) was as expected ( had been on the Solstice before)......just enough room, with a comfortable bed. The bathroom is really well set up, just wish they had included a magnifying mirror for us Boomers. My husband's comment was that the only things that looked 4 years old on the Eclipse were the towels. The cabin was near the elevators but was quiet....did not hear the music from the Grand Foyer either.

The elevators (mid ship near the Foyer) are some of the best.......modern with large glass doors and rear wall. I love this open feeling, and the ride was smooth. At times they were crowded but like us many folks took the stairs for exercise ( I do this alot because I do not like closed in elevators).

For dinner we had select dining and were very pleased with the food and service. We ate most nights in the

6 -6:30 range in the main dining room on the 4th level. The room is 2 levels and quite beautiful....with lots of sparkle. The menu selections were varied and enjoyable.....I even tried a Kale salad, it was very good to my surprise!

We ate in the Ocean view for most breakfasts and late lunches.......good selections. One night we did eat there as well. It was fine.

We did have room service a few times for lunch (pizza, salad ++) and it was prompt and good.

On the formal nights....there were 3 on our cruise, about half of the men were in Tuxedos, the others either in a dark suit and tie or sport jacket and tie. The ladies were in cocktail dresses or dressy pants outfits.

Service: The staff is very pleasant and welcoming......makes for a happy ship. Top notch crew!

We greatly enjoyed the production shows (3) and the other evening entertainment in the main theater. We also liked dancing in the Grand Foyer or just watching others.

My husband attended a few of the Apple classes and felt they were helpful.

We did choose to go to the beach in Aruba, Antigua, and St John (took the ferry from the ship). ALL just beautiful! St John, Trunk Bay, the most natural. We took the ship tour over because we did not know where the ship would dock in St Thomas. Next time I would still go to St John, but just for the ferry ride (ship tour offers this option) over and then go on to Trunk Bay by cab.

Other tour note: In St Lucia we opted for the volcano tour.......it was OK, but we spent lots of time on the bus, so be prepared if that is your choice. I would like Celebrity to be more specific about bus time vs ground time.

I so enjoyed just sitting on our balcony with my feet up, either reading or just taking in the blue sea, watching the sunset or sailing in to port.......Can you tell I really enjoyed this trip?

Publication Date: 02/14/14